KSV is an esports collaboration between Silicon Valley and Seoul, combining the skills and dedication of the Korean esports culture backed by the investment and global reach of California’s Silicon Valley. We take pride in our vision of creating and guiding homegrown Korean esports teams into champions on the international stage. KSV eSports International owns and operates two
Overwatch rosters, including Seoul Dynasty, as well as the former Samsung Galaxy League of Legends roster. We also carry a top-level Korean Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds squad & MVP Black’s Heroes of the Storm lineup. Backed by top Silicon Valley and Korean investors, KSV (Korea + Silicon Valley) represents the next generation of esports, bringing the best in esports management, event production, and fan engagement together in one company.
The Head of Sponsorship for KSV eSports International will have a proven track record in building successful partnerships as well as consistently securing six and seven-figure investments with FORTUNE 500 organizations. S/he must already have an established reputation and track record of success, gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies. The position reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer.
- Present brand to potential national/international sponsorship partners and develop an integrated, solution driven approach to creating sponsorship packages.
- In collaboration with the CGO & COO, set sponsorship objectives, strategies and specific implementation steps.
- Create, package and sell solution-based endemic and non-endemic sponsorship.
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new business prospects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers at client marketing companies and their respective advertising agencies.
- Understand the marketing objectives of prospective clients and their agencies, and determine how a partnership can help them achieve their goals.
- Educate and position KSV eSports assets and marketing capabilities to prospective partners.
- Knowledge of gaming industry & endemic brands.
- Understanding of streaming and digital content-based sponsorships.
- Pre-existing relationships with senior-level marketing executives in North America and/or Globally.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record of creating and selling fully-integrated marketing programs.
- High energy and a personality that thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience in high-level relationship building and negotiating.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 7 – 10 years of success with cross-platform sponsorships, including sales, servicing and activation.
- Preferable experience includes working with new properties & educating potential sponsors.
- Solid rolodex with high-level contacts at large and midsize corporations, particularly global companies with sponsorship portfolios.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work solo or within a team atmosphere.
- Known throughout the industry for their poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of Korean business landscape is recommended, but not required.