SMG, the world leader in venue management was founded in 1977 with the management of their first facility, the Louisiana Superdome. SMG currently manages convention centers, exhibition halls and trade centers, arenas, stadiums, performing arts centers, theaters, and specific-use venues such as equestrian centers. SMG’s clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and its unparalleled expertise, leadership, and creative problem-solving. Their successful growth has been built on the many partnerships, relationships, and resources they have developed with clients — both municipal and private. This unique combination of resources, relationships, and expertise has allowed SMG to define and refine the industry throughout its history. SMG’s ownership and team of dedicated corporate support personnel makes them unrivalled in the field of private facility management. Read More
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment companies in the world with a network of over 120 owned, operated and...Read More
Founded in 1969, Richard Childress Racing is one of the largest and most storied organizations in NASCAR competition. RCR...Read More
Headquartered in Glendora, California, National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag...Read More
Our client is seeking a new Chief Revenue Officer for their organization based on the West Coast. The Chief Revenue Officer will be responsible for leading and managing the revenue lines of the organization. These would include, but are not limited to, ticketing (non-premium and premium) and sponsorship.
- Provide leadership to ticketing department, both non-premium and premium, in both sales and service.
- Oversee the successful sale of all team and stadium inventory through sponsorship sales and service, suite sales, Radio/TV broadcasting rights, internet, media and merchandise/retail efforts.
- Work closely with President to plan, develop, organize, implement, lead and evaluate the organization’s long-term strategic direction for all revenue generating departments, which include Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Hospitality Sales and Retail.
- Develop and oversee implementation for business plans for all above noted revenue generating departments in the organization and ensure team synergy from a strategic perspective.
- Develop existing and new national and local account partnerships to further enhance corporate partnership alliances and strengthen relationships to maximize sales results and increase retention rates.
- Provide day-to-day strategic leadership to direct reports and departments.
- Assist in creating corporate culture that motivates staff to perform to their fullest and achieve corporate and personal goals.
- Oversee department budgets to ensure targets are met and proper methods of accountability are established and achieved.
- Analyze and identify ways to increase efficiency, improve levels of service and enhance profitability in all areas of responsibility.
- Conduct regular meetings with all direct reports and other staff to maintain clear communication, performance expectations and team synergy.
- Provide direction, coaching and mentoring to enhance performance and development of staff.
- Recruit, refer, select and development talented staff for areas of responsibility as well as other opportunities within the organization.
The United States Hockey League returned to Dubuque, Iowa for the 2010-11 season as the Fighting Saints, and in their expansion season earned a first place finish in the West Division and garnered the third-best record in the 16-team league. The USHL is the premier junior league in America attracting the very best players from around the country, as well as, Canada and Europe. Currently, there are over 150 USHL alumni playing or under contract with a National Hockey League team and over 260 college commitments.
Winners of 5 National Championships, 5 Clark Cups, 3 Anderson Cups, and a Bronze Medal at the 2013 Junior Club World Cup, the Dubuque Fighting Saints have a tradition of success. Entering its sixth season since returning to the USHL, the current Dubuque Fighting Saints are a group committed to becoming one of the preeminent junior hockey organizations in North America. With an ownership group that has a deep history of being in the front offices of two NHL teams and a philosophy of applying a major league approach to junior hockey, the Fighting Saints are fully committed to developing talent both on and off the ice and advancing our players, coaches and staff on to NCAA and professional hockey.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the responsibility for the day to day business operations of the Fighting Saints organization, reporting directly to the current Managing Partner of Northern Lights Hockey, LLC – Brad Kwong (or designee). We are seeking a highly motivated individual that has the experience, drive and desire to build Dubuque into one of the premier franchises in North America. The successful candidate must be a results oriented professional with a successful track record of building winning sales and management teams and must be both successful and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, start up environment and directing a young, motivated staff. The president will be responsible for all revenue generation functions within the organization including the sale of fully integrated corporate partnerships, all ticketing – individual, season and groups – and suite sales. The successful candidate will also be responsible managing all game day operations, community relations, marketing, advertising, promotions and box office functions.