We presently have an opportunity for a Sales Manager in the Championship Management Department for The Northern Trust. This position will directly contribute to tournament sales efforts by generating revenue through hospitality package and sponsorship sales. Ideal candidates will be individuals with a sales focused career path who are relentless in their pursuit of revenue generation. A proven track record of sales and a network of relationships that can be converted to TOUR clients are vital.
- Successfully drive revenue.
- Sell portfolio of corporate sales products including: hospitality, pro-ams, and sponsorships/publications.
- Prospect, generate leads, develop relationships, understand customer needs, present solutions, negotiate, and close new business.
- Identify new revenue opportunities by fully activating the marketplace via aggressive outbound sales efforts, targeting new business lines, and creating additional sellable inventory.
- Leverage existing individual network, tournament host committees, club members, title/event/club vendors, community service groups, current clients, and other lead generators.
- Develop a robust pipeline with probability of closing to ensure volume necessary to attain individual and tournament revenue goals.
- Manage daily and weekly sales activity including outbound calls, face-to-face appointments, proposals sent, contracts out and networking functions.
- Utilize CRM tools to track, measure, and analyze sales activity.
- Employ sales protocol that encompasses multi-year and multi-tournament strategies.
- Develop creative ways to stay in front of clients throughout the year to fully leverage their participation and ultimately maximize their ROI/ROO.
- Work collaboratively with client services, operations, finance and ticketing department to ensure fulfillment.
- Conduct surveys, executive focus groups, and sponsor summits to enhance the experience of our clients.
- Attend various community and charitable functions as a representative of the tournament.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of sales and marketing experience, ideally in sports, event management, media or hospitality required; Golf tournament sales experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related area required.
- Thorough sales knowledge which includes prospecting tactics, research, presentation development, and event activation.
- Confident, pro-active, and enthusiastic style that assimilates well within a team.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software packages to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Salesforce CRM experience is a plus.
- Competitive base salary and commission plan.
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401k plus employer match.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Health Savings Account/Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Wellness Program.
- Membership to TPC Sawgrass.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com