AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment companies in the world with a network of over 120 owned, operated and programmed venues on five continents. The AEG Global Partnerships Division was formed atop the company’s organizational structure to guide AEG’s continued development. The Division is focused on sponsorship and naming rights sales, and servicing the myriad of partnerships existing with AEG Facilities, live events, franchises and music properties.
Microsoft Theater formerly Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE hosts over 120 music, family, dance and comedy acts, award shows, televised productions, conventions and product launches with over 500,000 people passing through the doors annually. The 7,100-seat theater offers guests mid-sized intimacy, with no seat further from the stage than 220 feet. Microsoft Theater offers 12,000 square feet of VIP & hospitality areas, 10 dressing rooms and state of the art technology making it is a favorite indoor venue for performers and fans alike. Since opening in October 2007 with six sold out shows featuring the Eagles and Dixie Chicks Microsoft Theater has hosted the likes of Alan Jackson, Katy Perry, Charlie Wilson, Juan Gabriel, Aretha Franklin, Ed Sheeran, John Fogerty, Gabriel Iglesias, Kanye West, Marc Anthony, Sesame Street Live, John Legend, The Avett Brothers, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Trey Songz, Kelly Clarkson, Rush, Yanni, Nicki Minaj, Juanes, Cat Stevens, The American Idol Finale shows, Michael Jackson’s This is It, The Hunger Games and Twilight Movie Premieres and many more. Microsoft Theater is home to the American Music Awards, ESPYs, Primetime Emmy Awards, BET Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Radio Disney Music Awards, 2010 & 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, 2014 & 2015 MTV Movie Awards and the 2013 Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame.
Microsoft Theater is centrally located within L.A. LIVE, a 4 million square-foot/$2.5 billion downtown Los Angeles sports, entertainment and residential district adjacent to STAPLES Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center. L.A. LIVE also features a 54-story, 1000 room convention “headquarters” hotel (combining the JW Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton brands and 224 luxury condominiums – The Ritz-Carlton Residences at L.A. LIVE, The Novo (a 2,200-capacity live music venue), a 14-screen Regal Cineplex, ESPN West Coast broadcast facilities and over 20 restaurants and dining options.
The General Manager is responsible for overall management, promotion and operation of the facility including booking, finance, marketing, staffing, production maintenance and all related operations. Duties include providing leadership and direction to subordinate operating departments, management of staff, coordination and execution of plans and directives, and acting as liaison with corporate staff, industry associates, governing agencies, communication media and the general public.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, compensation, succession planning and evaluating management, administrative, and supervisory staff.
- Determine and establish organizational structure and personnel staffing requirements.
- Assure the development and maintenance of employee job descriptions, duties, responsibilities, and performance standards for all positions with provisions for timely and effective employee performance evaluations.
- Manage the relationships of other AEG companies and third-party vendors, markets the venue and consistently evaluates shows and events to ensure venue meets and exceeds financial targets.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, coordination and directing of all activities and personnel.
- Engage in maintaining and operating the facilities.
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures and recommends improvements for the facility and/or improve the efficiency and safety of operations.
- Oversee development of annual operating calendar, activities schedule, dates and hours of operations, projections for attendance and revenue.
- Prepare, implement and monitor a detailed program budget.
- Supervise cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, house equipment rentals, supplies and services purchased, event supervision, ushers, ticket takers, ticket sellers, security officers, announcers, parking attendants, stage managers and stage crew.
- Prepare and maintain required reports/records for the city and/or the company.
- Provide for control of day-to-day operations, assuring the coordination of plans, programs and events and conducts post event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Ensure that all production/operations are conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations such as OSHA and CalOSHA requirements.
- Organize operational meetings with accounting about financials and/or with staff and supervisors for training.
- Handle customer service via phone calls, email inquiries or website posts.
- Conduct the required investigation and have the issues resolved within a 24-hour turnaround time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 12+ years of related work experience in a Theater of Arena.
- Must have management experience and exceptional leadership abilities.
- Must have proven track record of developing and managing budgets.
- Experience and knowledge in overseeing physical venue.
- Must have experience with Union contracts and negotiations and enforcement of contracts.
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a creative, detail-oriented person with an outgoing personality.
- Experience with management, leadership and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of music industry preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org