New England’s largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows. Since its opening in 1995, TD Garden has hosted over 200 events a year. In 2014, owner and operator Delaware North invested over $70 million for a comprehensive arena-wide renovation to upgrade the fan experience including redesigned concourses, new concession offerings and upgraded technology. The award-winning state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with three private restaurants, 90 executive suites, 1,100 club seats, a multi-million-dollar high definition video scoreboard and complete 360-degree LED technology.
Delaware North, TD Garden’s parent company, is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Sportservice, Delaware North International and Delaware North Boston, owner of TD Garden. Delaware North is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 60,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
The Vice President, Human Resources works closely with business leaders and people managers driving HR strategies that attract, develop and retain talent required for the business while optimizing the associate experience.
As a member of the HR leadership team, the Vice President, Human Resources helps to shape the organization HR strategy, anticipating trends and bringing strong understanding of business and associate requirements.
This position is responsible to collaborate with HR functional centers of expertise to develop and deliver integrated and inclusive HR services and programs. The Vice President, Human Resources collaborates across business segments/subsidiaries to assure best practices in HR are identified and shared employing effective change management strategies.
- In partnership with business leaders and people managers, responsible for planning and executing on HR components of business decisions including organization design, human capital planning, talent management, change management, associate effectiveness and engagement.
- Serve as coach, counsel and advisor to people managers and business leaders to drive development of leadership and talent capability and competencies as well as assuring associate engagement and inclusion for organization effectiveness.
- Champion associate engagement through assuring effective communication, culture, associate value proposition and diversity and inclusion in workplace.
- In collaboration with HR functions and HR leader peers, develop and deploy HR and Human Capital strategies, policies, programs and services that scale and enable current business needs and prepare the business for the future.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Bruins organization in talent support areas including immigration, records management, personnel contracts and workers’ compensation.
- Participate as member of HR leadership team to provide insights and drive enterprise-wide human resources objectives, initiatives and projects.
- Develop and manage the department operating budget.
- Determine course of action for associate relations issues at all levels in alignment with organization values, policies, guidelines and governance standards.
- Provide recommendations and decision support for people decisions – hire, performance manage, reward, develop and succession.
- Human capital plans are in place to deliver current and future needs of business.
- Talent Management programs are measured and aligned with human capital needs within business vertical and across enterprise as applicable.
- Associate Engagement and Associate Experience are measured with action plans to address opportunities or gaps.
- Assure governance is in place for implementation of and compliance with regulatory, legislative, enterprise and local business requirements and policies related to Human Resources and Payroll.
- Lead, coach and develop HR team members to build and foster a high performing, results driven HR team.
- Assure effective succession planning in place for team and function.
- Partner with business and HR leadership team to drive alignment of business objectives and priorities across field, subsidiary and enterprise levels of business.
- Maintain strong relationships with business clients including Boston Bruins, TD Garden, Sportservice and MA Sportservice serving as HR and talent expert.
- Maintain strong productive relationships with identified union groups and members.
- Maintain strong relationships across functional and business partner HR team.
- Develop and maintain external partner relationships to support community involvement, industry. involvement, candidate pipeline development and HR thought leadership.
- Creates aligned goals for self, team and department and achieves results that clearly drive the business and reimagine what’s next.
- Communicates team/department goals across organization to all stakeholders to assure organization objectives are met.
- Keeps staff and colleagues focused on the power of partnership; continually evaluates team engagement.
- Communicates expectations of team and individual contributions and what team needs to achieve.
- Uses effective conflict resolution to resolve differences and move initiatives forward; stays focused on what’s best for business.
- Approaches issues with the objective of reaching win-win solutions.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute to positive experiences for guest, client, associates, stakeholders.
- Develops networks and models the power of partnership across business to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Deals with time sensitive issues and manages complexity while remaining focused.
- Persists to keep self and others learning forward to achieve challenging business goals.
Exemplifies ownership and accountability for team outcomes and develops an environment where others also assume full responsibility for individual and team outcomes.
- Motivates team to take initiative and builds capabilities.
- Selects and develops the best team available considering current and future business needs – builds bench.
- Recognizes and reinforces helpful and behaviorally specific feedback to address the development of others.
- Recognizes window of opportunity and knows when the time is right to push for innovative ways of doing business.
- Develops, sponsors innovative ideas and work to implement ideas.
- Works collaboratively with others to produce innovative solutions to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; SPHR.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in human resources in progressive cross-functional roles and 5 years in a leadership role driving strategic talent priorities.
- Experience in an environment that represents multiple collective bargaining agreements and unions required.
- Proven ability to work across multiple functions in a matrix environment and coach, consult, partner and influence leaders and peers across the organization.
- Strong collaboration, business acumen, interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Travel approximately 5% of the time.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is no longer accepting applications.