Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and byworking within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model. Kroenke
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is one of the world’s leading ownership, entertainment and management groups. As owners and operators of Pepsi Center, the Paramount Theatre, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and Colorado Rapids (MLS), KSE’s sports and entertainment assets are second to none. Additional properties under KSE’s umbrella include Altitude Sports & Entertainment, a 24-hour regional television network; Altitude Authentics, the company’s official retail provider; and Altitude Tickets, the official ticketing provider for KSE teams and venues.
The Head of Security plans, directs, analyzes, evaluates and supervises activities relating to the protection, safeguarding, and security of employees, vendor partners, visitors, company assets, and KSE property locations. The Head of Security develops, implements, and ensures compliance with all security policies, procedures, and programs. This individual is responsible for the operation of the 24 Hour Security Department at Pepsi Center Campus (which includes Pepsi Center, and 5 Buildings on Pepsi Center property), Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Paramount Theatre, and potentially other KSE Colorado properties.
- Directs and maintains exemplary security for all KSE properties.
- Implement facility policies and goals in accordance with the organizations objectives and mission.
- Determine changes to the departmental operating structure and/or operations and oversee implementation based on continual evaluation of staff and external security conditions.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively across departments and KSE entities to further the stated mission and goals of the Security Department.
- Leads 24 Hour Security Management staff in the successful implementation of security programs for the organization, including managing personnel and physical security resources for all KSE properties.
- Directs security staff in multiple security core disciplines to: identify potential or existing security risks to the overall organization; research and deploy state of the art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard staff and company assets; direct the approach, implementation, and execution of investigations and appropriate corrective actions.
- Develops and manages the capital and expense budget for the Pepsi Center and Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
- Demonstrates close relationships with high-level domestic and international law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts.
- Briefs senior and Executive level management on status of security issues and operations.
- Represents organization in senior and/or executive level corporate, government and industry security working groups.
- Ensures 24 Hour Security Management staff communicate with League officials and ensures compliance with league security mandates.
- Makes final decision on administrative or operational matters and ensures department’s effective achievement of goals.
- Identifies potential or existing security risks to the overall organization and presents those risks for resolution.
- Oversight of and final decision-making authority of departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish staff development and training protocols.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of ownership, executives, other departments and vendor partners.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant General Manager, Venue Operations.
- Manages through subordinate Directors/Managers.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability;
- The position requires strong management, administrative, supervisory, training, presentation, consultant, and facilitator skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed. Ability to communicate effectively with and to Senior and Executive Management.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Skill in assessing security risks and needs.
- Ability to obtain necessary clearances for review of sensitive material
- Superior knowledge of technical aspects of security systems.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- Training relevant to crowd management/crowd control, security systems and emergency preparedness/response.
- 8-10 years’ experience in an arena or venue security setting.
- Experience in special event security and public assembly venue security highly desirable.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Two-way radio.
- Proprietary time management and scheduling software.
- Company vehicles.
- General office equipment to include phone, fax, copier, computer/keyboard, etc.
- Security equipment to include CCTV, Access Control and Air monitoring systems.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stand, walk, talk or hear 2/3 or more of time, moderate to very loud noise.
- Sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel up to 2/3 of time.
- Reach w/hands and arms up to 1/3 of time.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
This position is closed to new applications.