The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) is recognized as the unsurpassed leader in the sport of professional rodeo. The PRCA’s mission is to unify membership in providing an innovative fan experience, to grow the sport of professional rodeo and provide new expanded opportunities for our membership and sponsors. Since 1986, the PRCA has paid out more than $1 billion in prize money to its contestants. The PRCA offers the best cowboys and the best rodeos; delivering the best fan experience while positively impacting our communities and embracing the spirit of the West. A membership-based organization, the PRCA approved 650 rodeos in 2018, and there are more than 40 million rodeo fans in the U.S. The PRCA televises the sport’s premier events, with the world-renowned Wrangler National Finals Rodeo on CBS Sports Net and streaming on ProRodeoTV.com.
The PRCA is actively seeking a Vice President, Business Development to focus on increasing sales for their professional rodeos and additional events. This individual will be responsible for managing a sales staff and increasing revenue for the PRCA and other select events. He/she will interact with various departments within the organization to make certain that key sponsors’ business objects are met as well as top-tier local, regional, and national partners. The Vice President, Business Development will bring experience in sports television and media sales, complimenting the strategy of local activation, branding and hospitality, associated with the focus of the PRCA. This individual should possess a strong sales acumen and deep knowledge of the sports sponsorship, television and digital marketplace.
- Responsible for selling sponsorships for primarily for new business.
- Leverage PRCA’s live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new clients.
- Create select sponsor-related packages and manage new business lead-generating projects.
- Develop scalable customized ideas for brands across multiple platforms such as video, digital, mobile, social, and experiential.
- Identify creative new streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivate relationships to secure deals. experiential.
- Responsible for generating advertising and sponsorship revenue for sales plans which are scalable for regional, national, and international programs.
- Responsible for selling integrated partnerships for PRCA’s owned & operated national exposure via Broadcast, Cable, Digital, Branded Content, Promotions, On-site Event Activation and Consumer engagement for ProRodeo.com, CBS Sports Network and the PRCA’s ProRodeo Sports News magazine.
- Propose and plan sponsor activations and other sponsor-related events. This includes working with current and prospective sponsors to develop new plans for activation year-round, as well as during all events.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationship with sponsors, keeping them engaged and informed about the rodeo, and working with them to expand their relationships with the rodeo.
- Negotiates and finalizes the contractual process.
- Support the development of complex-targeting media and sponsorship plans to address clients’ strategic objectives and meet the Company’s needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of direct sponsorship sales experience, preferably in sports media sales.
- Prefer experience managing large teams with multiple locations and matrix infrastructure.
- Prefer large-event experience with multiple venues, ticket sales, underwriters, and
- Experience in high-level relationship building and negotiating.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win.
- Travel required.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org