The Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) is recognized as the unsurpassed leader in the sport of professional rodeo. The PRCA’s mission is to unify membership in providing an innovative fan experience, to grow the sport of professional rodeo and provide new expanded opportunities for our membership and sponsors. Since 1986, the PRCA has paid out more than $1 billion in prize money to its contestants. The PRCA offers the best cowboys and the best rodeos; delivering the best fan experience while positively impacting our communities and embracing the spirit of the West. A membership-based organization, the PRCA approved 650 rodeos in 2018, and there are more than 40 million rodeo fans in the U.S. The PRCA televises the sport’s premier events, with the world-renowned Wrangler National Finals Rodeo on CBS Sports Net and streaming on ProRodeoTV.com.
The PRCA is actively seeking a Vice President, Business Development to focus on increasing sales for their professional rodeos and additional events. This individual will be responsible for managing a sales staff and increasing revenue for the PRCA and other select events. He/she will interact with various departments within the organization to make certain that key sponsors’ business objects are met as well as top-tier local, regional, and national partners. The Vice President, Business Development will bring experience in sports television and media sales, complimenting the strategy of local activation, branding and hospitality, associated with the focus of the PRCA. This individual should possess a strong sales acumen and deep knowledge of the sports sponsorship, television and digital marketplace.
- Responsible for selling sponsorships for primarily for new business.
- Leverage PRCA’s live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new clients.
- Create select sponsor-related packages and manage new business lead-generating projects.
- Develop scalable customized ideas for brands across multiple platforms such as video, digital, mobile, social, and experiential.
- Identify creative new streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivate relationships to secure deals. experiential.
- Responsible for generating advertising and sponsorship revenue for sales plans which are scalable for regional, national, and international programs.
- Responsible for selling integrated partnerships for PRCA’s owned & operated national exposure via Broadcast, Cable, Digital, Branded Content, Promotions, On-site Event Activation and Consumer engagement for ProRodeo.com, CBS Sports Network and the PRCA’s ProRodeo Sports News magazine.
- Propose and plan sponsor activations and other sponsor-related events. This includes working with current and prospective sponsors to develop new plans for activation year-round, as well as during all events.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationship with sponsors, keeping them engaged and informed about the rodeo, and working with them to expand their relationships with the rodeo.
- Negotiates and finalizes the contractual process.
- Support the development of complex-targeting media and sponsorship plans to address clients’ strategic objectives and meet the Company’s needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of direct sponsorship sales experience, preferably in sports media sales.
- Prefer experience managing large teams with multiple locations and matrix infrastructure.
- Prefer large-event experience with multiple venues, ticket sales, underwriters, and
- Experience in high-level relationship building and negotiating.
- Ability to work well with other team members.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win.
- Travel required.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com
Navigate is the industry leader in applying business intelligence – through research, data, and analytics – to measure marketing investments and guide major strategies and decisions in sports and entertainment. Based in Chicago, Navigate has measured the impact and ROI of hundreds of sponsorship deals and has valued billions of dollars in sponsorship transactions on behalf of brands, properties, universities and agencies. In its 12-year history, Navigate has assisted more than two dozen properties on naming rights sales through its Consulting Division, but is now launching a dedicated Property Sales Division and looking for a leader with ambition, drive, and vision.
Navigate is currently working with: multiple universities on various property sales and naming rights deals, including founding partnerships for a stadium, a real estate development district and naming rights to an arena; a professional sports team on its partnership sales efforts; and an entertainment venue with its naming rights sale.
Navigate is seeking an exceptional sales professional to join the team as Head of Property Sales. This individual will be responsible for managing Navigate’s Property Sales division.
This position will be based in Chicago, Phoenix or remotely.
- Manage and assist in the development of Navigate’s Property Sales division.
- Prospect, develop and sell naming rights and/or seven-figure deals for existing and new clients.
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies and negotiate creative solutions for clients.
- Lead or assist in the development of client proposals, sales and contract negotiations.
- Generate new business focused on adding clients to the Navigate roster.
- Represent the company in meetings and presentations with clients and agencies.
- Present business updates, new opportunities and industry-driven initiatives to the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of sales experience within the sports/entertainment industry, including 5 years of proven success in sponsorship sales.
- Experience working on naming rights or seven-figure/year deals is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office, CRM and other business software.
- Strong leadership skills; people management experience a plus.
- An educational, fun and relaxed atmosphere.
- Flexibility including work hours and location.
- A generous holiday schedule with unlimited vacation days.
- Benefits package including healthcare, profit share bonus structure, Simple IRA and company matching contributions.
- A fun, relaxed and friendly work environment winning “101 Best and Brightest Companies” in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1969, Richard Childress Racing is one of the largest and most storied organizations in NASCAR competition. RCR currently fields three teams in the NASCAR Cup Series and five teams in the NASCAR XFINITY Series.
Throughout our history, RCR has accumulated a total of 17 championships and more than 200 victories across NASCAR’s top three series, including two Daytona 500 wins and three Brickyard 400 victories, two of the sport’s crown jewels of competition. RCR was the first organization in NASCAR history to win championships across all three national touring series.
On our 17-building, 52-acre campus in Welcome, North Carolina, RCR’s 530 team members build race cars from the ground up in a fully-integrated vertical manufacturing operation. With a culture focused on innovation, our engineering team utilizes cutting-edge technologies to continuously improve the performance of our race cars.
Our headquarters is also home to ECR Engines, a subsidiary of RCR that provides high-performance motors to our and other Chevrolet teams in NASCAR’s top three national series. ECR uses advanced technologies for research & development and engine production that has earned it more than 250 victories across multiple national motorsports series and championships in the XFINITY, Camping World Truck and ARCA Racing Series.
RCR’s on-track success could not be possible without the help of our corporate partners. RCR maintains successful relationships with a host of blue-chip brands including Caterpillar, Menards, Dow, General Mills, American Ethanol, Grainger, WIX Filters, AAA, Chevrolet and Bass Pro Shops.
Current Monster Energy Cup drivers include: Austin Dillon (#3 Car), Ryan Newman (#31 Car), Ty Dillon (#13 Car), and Daniel Hemric (#21 Car).