Headquartered in Glendora, California, National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 24 national events featuring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Drag Racing Series. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers NHRA Jr. Street for teens and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. In addition, NHRA owns and operates five racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Gainesville Raceway in Florida; National Trail Raceway in Ohio; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
Dynamic, innovative, results-oriented and experienced leader to oversee all aspects of NHRA’s live event revenue streams, including advertising and promotions, ticketing, fan engagement, and on-site management (non-racing), of 24 annual major championship race events for the original extreme sport, plus responsibilities for membership, sportsman event marketing and key communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead teams focusing on advertising and promotions; fan engagement and membership; social media; communications; ticket sales; and sportsman event marketing.
- Create and execute a strategic comprehensive live event on-site marketing plan including entertainment, media and promotions that leverage NHRA’s existing assets including social, digital, editorial, and TV.
- Develop integrated PR campaigns to heighten awareness of the sport, marquee events and TV and other platforms.
- Develop and manage digital marketing initiatives, including social media, geo-targeted web advertising and local web promotions.
- Develop a robust data-driven approach to consumer pricing, trends, purchasing habits and sales.
- Develop tactical marketing plans and creative support for direct-to-consumer offerings including membership, event attendance, premium services and add-ons.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all pre- and post-event information and promotions are communicated to our targeted audiences well in advance, ultimately driving increased profitability for the live events.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all constituencies including sponsors and the racetracks hosting our professional series.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable, self-starting, “hands on” marketing professional with on-point experience marketing live events, preferably in the sports/media/entertainment industry.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, persuasion, and communication skills. Comfortable leading strategic discussions with groups of executives to gain consensus on strategic initiatives and tactics. Able to think “outside the box.”
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and results-focused with strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and ability to adjust to changing priorities. Able to maintain composure under pressure and remain a diplomat. Execution-focused mindset, analytical and balanced approach to problem-solving. Ambassador for the sport.
- Proven ability to impact and drive success in a fast-paced multi-site environment.
- Knowledge of digital media, including web, mobile and direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Ability to both strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Able and excited to travel nationwide to 15-18 weekend events.
- Strong budgeting and financial management abilities.
In return, NHRA offers full time employees a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) Plan that matches a full 100% of employee deferrals up to 4% of salary and a robust paid time off program. E.O.E.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com
Founded in 2008, Roc Nation is a full service entertainment company inclusive of artist, songwriter, producer and engineer management; music publishing, touring & merchandising; film & television; new business ventures; and a music label. It is home to a diverse roster comprised of critically acclaimed recording artists, writers and producers
In addition, Roc Nation Sports, a division of Roc Nation was launched in spring 2013. Roc Nation Sports focuses on elevating professional athletes’ careers on a global scale both on and off the field by fully conceptualizing and executing marketing and endorsement deals, community outreach, charitable tie-ins, media relations and brand strategy. Roc Nation Sports launched its boxing division, a full service promotional company, in August 2014 as well.
Roc Nation is seeking dynamic strategic partnership executives at the senior management level that can close business and generate revenue for multiple platforms and assets in a dynamic and high-intensity environment. Managing and inspiring employees, leading by example, are crucial elements of the role that the future employee(s) must possess. The position(s) will work closely with the internal team and Roc Nation clients. The position(s) are based in the New York City corporate headquarters and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential sports and entertainment agency in the world – Roc Nation. The ideal candidate(s) are competitive, passionate, high-energy, self-starters that can hit the ground running with a rolodex filled with contacts and relationships eager to invest marketing dollars against Roc Nation’s incredible portfolio of assets including artists, athletes, special events, boxing, tours, TIDAL, and more.
- Identify, structure, negotiate and close revenue-generating relationships with leading prospects.
- Generate significant revenue in support of Roc Nation’s developing clients.
- Focus on an ever-changing list of artists and initiatives and close deals on short timelines.
- Develop creative partnerships and sponsorships with stakeholders.
- Achieve annual goals and assist in overall implementation and evaluation of this plan on an ongoing basis.
- Cultivate existing partnerships into wider deals that support multiple clients.
- Open doors at the world’s top companies and agencies.
- Give full scope Roc Nation capabilities presentations to top marketing teams from said top companies and develop and implement effective strategies to attract clients and sponsors.
- Manage ideation process and delivery of multi-platform marketing packages for clients and sponsors.
- Persuasively sell ideas and sponsorships to agencies, clients, etc.
- Ideate and develop custom integrated solutions in response to RFP’s from National Advertisers and prepare toolkit offerings for sales to proactively bring to market.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in sales and marketing with demonstrated success in meeting sales goals.
- Must be a rock star and have a passion in Music.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Understanding of the media, entertainment, sports and music landscape.
- Creative thinking and ability to generate out-of-the-box ideas/concepts.
- Vast experience in project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of energy and commitment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A clear understanding of the importance of client service is required.
- Must be able to work with under tight deadlines to develop and execute sponsorship elements.
- Willingness to travel to assigned regions throughout the US and globally.
- Thrive in a team environment with goal-oriented culture.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 2007, PCG SportsDesk is a full-service, independent firm focused on partnership sales, innovation and digital strategy to maximize scale, solve business problems and directly grow revenue and outreach for some of the world’s most prominent sports, entertainment and municipal brands.
With offices currently in Chicago and Dallas, PCG SportsDesk represents regional, national and international clients, including professional sports leagues, teams, events, municipalities, entertainment districts, and malls like FELD Entertainment, Hendrick Motorsports, Macerich Malls, Rosemont Baseball, and Village of Rosemont (Allstate Arena, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, MB Financial Park, etc.). Read More