Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is one of the world’s leading ownership, entertainment and management groups. As owners and operators of Pepsi Center, the Paramount Theatre, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and Colorado Rapids (MLS), KSE’s sports and entertainment assets are second to none. Additional properties under KSE’s umbrella include Altitude Sports & Entertainment, a 24-hour regional television network; Altitude Authentics, the company’s official retail provider; and Altitude Tickets, the official ticketing provider for KSE teams and venues.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is seeking a highly qualified, professional marketing executive to lead the Denver Nuggets’ marketing department as Vice President, Marketing. This position is responsible for overseeing Nuggets’ brand positioning as well as developing and implementing marketing platforms and activities for the Denver Nuggets. The Vice President, Marketing will also be responsible for all “brand” related activities, promotional functions, public relations and community relations.
The successful candidate will possess a strategic and comprehensive understanding of five key areas; Branding, Marketing, Collaboration, Leadership and Basketball. This position will report to he Sr. Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer and serve as an integral member of the senior management team.
- Develop and execute strategy to build a differentiated Denver Nuggets brand positioning.
- Develop and execute integrated and multi-channel marketing platforms and campaigns that drive revenue and relevancy for the Denver Nuggets.
- Provide leadership and support to all departments to deliver value and integrate a consistent marketing message through all external forms of communication including web site, game operations, new and traditional media, ticket holder and sponsor communication, graphics, press releases, etc.
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Through partnership with KSE Business Intelligence develop fan segmentation & prioritization audiences.
- Partner with Public Relations on plans for the franchise and its players that increases local and national visibility, supports ticket sales efforts, and helps build a long-term fan base.
- Ensure ROI and revenue tracking of across all direct marketing channels
- Support revenue generation activities including partnership marketing and ticket sales & service to enhance sponsor value and increase ticket sales.
- Create, execute and develop youth marketing strategy, including youth fan development and youth basketball initiatives.
- Provide support to Community Relations for teams’ and players’ community relations activities that impact our local community.
- Work to incorporate NBA league marketing/advertising initiatives and best practices on a local level to maximize attendance.
- Serve as day to day brand manager for the organization, including stewardship of brand guidelines within marketing departments as well as counseling other departments on branding questions.
- Ability to engage in short-term and long-term forecasting and manage impact on the department budget.
- Directly supervises the work of all marketing staff.
- Experience aligning staff members with business goals and objectives.
- Ability to oversee the hiring, performance management, succession planning and termination processes.
- Significant experience presenting and communicating to staff, fans, clients, customers etc.
- Team player who looks to maximize performance through high level collaboration throughout the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours including regular office hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required; marketing degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience and at least 5-7 years in a leadership role.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Advanced knowledge of sports marketing and brand positioning, highly preferred.
- Proven ability to lead, contribute and support virtual teams and its members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in general computer software to include Word, Excel, and Internet navigation.
- Ability to provide leadership, focus, and organization for the department.
Material and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment including copier, fax, phone, computer/keyboard, etc.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stand up to 1/3 of time.
- Walk, sit, up to 2/3 of time.
- Talk to hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, 2/3 or more of time.
- Lift up to 10 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
- Moderate to very loud noise.
- Clear vision at 20”, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position is closed to new applications.