Watkins Glen International, nicknamed “The Glen”, is an automobile race track located in Watkins Glen, New York, at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. It was long known around the world as the home of the Formula One United States Grand Prix, which it hosted for twenty consecutive years (1961–1980), but the site has been home to road racing of nearly every class, including the World Sportscar Championship, Trans-Am, Can-Am, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the International Motor Sports Association and the IndyCar Series. The Glen has twice been voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today and also hosts the Finger Lakes Wine Festival and Ticket Galaxy Beer Festival. Watkins Glen International is owned and operated by International Speedway Corporation.
International Speedway Corporation, (“ISC”) founded in 1953, is a leading promoter of motorsports themed entertainment activities in the United States. The Company owns and/or operates 13 of the nation’s premier motorsports entertainment facilities, which in total, have more than 1 million grandstand seats and over 550 suites. ISC’s facilities are located in six of the nation’s top 12 media markets and nearly 80 percent of the country’s population is located within the primary trading areas of its facilities.
Watkins Glen International is currently seeking a new Senior Director of Corporate Sales and Partnerships. This position plays a key role in the promotion and sale of Watkins Glen International sponsorships, partnerships and hospitality. Read More
Navigate is the industry leader in applying business intelligence – through research, data, and analytics – to measure marketing investments and guide major strategies and decisions in sports and entertainment. Based in Chicago, Navigate has measured the impact and ROI of hundreds of sponsorship deals and has valued billions of dollars in sponsorship transactions on behalf of brands, properties, universities and agencies. In its 12-year history, Navigate has assisted more than two dozen properties on naming rights sales through its Consulting Division, but is now launching a dedicated Property Sales Division and looking for a leader with ambition, drive, and vision.
Navigate is currently working with: multiple universities on various property sales and naming rights deals, including founding partnerships for a stadium, a real estate development district and naming rights to an arena; a professional sports team on its partnership sales efforts; and an entertainment venue with its naming rights sale.
Navigate is seeking an exceptional sales professional to join the team as Head of Property Sales. This individual will be responsible for managing Navigate’s Property Sales division.
This position will be based in Chicago, Phoenix or remotely.
- Manage and assist in the development of Navigate’s Property Sales division.
- Prospect, develop and sell naming rights and/or seven-figure deals for existing and new clients.
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies and negotiate creative solutions for clients.
- Lead or assist in the development of client proposals, sales and contract negotiations.
- Generate new business focused on adding clients to the Navigate roster.
- Represent the company in meetings and presentations with clients and agencies.
- Present business updates, new opportunities and industry-driven initiatives to the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of sales experience within the sports/entertainment industry, including 5 years of proven success in sponsorship sales.
- Experience working on naming rights or seven-figure/year deals is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office, CRM and other business software.
- Strong leadership skills; people management experience a plus.
- An educational, fun and relaxed atmosphere.
- Flexibility including work hours and location.
- A generous holiday schedule with unlimited vacation days.
- Benefits package including healthcare, profit share bonus structure, Simple IRA and company matching contributions.
- A fun, relaxed and friendly work environment winning “101 Best and Brightest Companies” in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a staff that carries over 80 years of experience across multiple business segments, Prodigy Sports is a nationwide leader in senior-level executive search and recruitment. Prodigy Sports brings a personal touch to each search by adapting to the unique personality and culture of the client, knowing successful executive recruiting comes from thoroughly understanding the team culture, the intricacies of the sports business and the extensive professional qualifications and skills needed to fill a role. Founded in 2007, Prodigy Sports has grown into a nation-wide leader within the sports and entertainment industries.
Prodigy Sports’ executive search division has successfully placed several senior-level executives with some of the sports industry’s top organization’s – the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Boston Bruins & TD Garden, United States Olympic Committee, On Location Experiences and many more.
Our executive placements have ranged from the senior-most leadership roles in management (President; Chief Operating Officer), finance (Chief Financial Officer), Human Resources (Vice President), and corporate/partnership sales and ticket sales (various titles and levels).