OUTFRONT Media Sports, a division of OUTFRONT Media Inc., is the marketing and multimedia rights holder for some of the most prestigious collegiate teams, state associations and sports venues across the country. Our creative implementation of in-venue and on-campus digital displays, influence media, marketing affiliation, experiential entertainment, and game day domination benefit universities, alumni, students, and passionate fan bases. Bringing to life these valuable, eye-catching, engaging and results-driven assets attracts a highly sought-after audience for our advertisers.
Our client-centered, passionate team of professionals has decades of experience incorporating both national and local brands’ messages within these innovative media assets. Let us take your company into a new arena, wow the crowd with state-of-the-art technology, and leave an impactful impression with your audience.
ODU Sports Properties has partnered with Old Dominion University to be the exclusive marketing and multimedia rights partner of ODU Athletics.
By investing in their athletic facilities, we have enhanced the game-day experience for Monarch fans and provided new, incremental revenue streams for ODU Athletics. These improvements have provided greater opportunities for sponsors, and have helped secure many high-level sponsors who continue to strengthen the ODU brand.
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate prior revenue results and leadership qualities with two (2) to four (4) years of direct sales experience in the sports multi-media environment. The candidate must be driven and coachable to execute the OUTFRONT Media Sports revenue model and to understand the distinctive relationship with Old Dominion University Athletics, which has created a new standard in collegiate multi-media rights management landscape.
Successful candidate will work out of the ODU Sports Properties offices on campus.
- Work with the Athletics Director and OMS senior level staff to pitch and close enterprise partnership agreements.
- Prospect, meet and close a significant number of new and renewal high level corporate sponsorships.
- Generate incremental sponsorship revenue to meet and exceed individual and team goals.
- Uphold and support by example a culture of hard work, creativity – always building team belief in the revenue goal.
- Help develop and execute a sales plan to meet and/or exceed assigned annual revenue targets.
- Identify potential sponsors for ODU Sports Properties through networking with ODU stakeholders and business partners, researching local, regional and national companies, and selling them marketing platforms that incorporate sponsorship inventory including entitlements, signage, digital assets, print, promotion, community involvement and hospitality.
- Work with OMS and ODU Athletics executives to create sales inventory, revenue projections and overall sponsorship strategy for ODU Athletics assets.
- Develop key marketing objectives with clients via thorough needs assessment and a collaborative sales process.
- Entertain and cultivate sponsors in various settings.
- Be available for game days and evening athletic events and coaches shows.
- Be available to travel for client presentations.
- Prepare end-of-year recaps for sponsors.
- Represent ODU Sports Properties, ODU and OMS in a professional manner.
- Research sports sponsorship industry and stay current with relevant market trends and conditions.
- Support and exhibit behavior consistent with the sales and service philosophy of OUTFRONT Media Sports.
- Act with diplomacy as a representative of OUTFRONT Media Sports and the University.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7+ years demonstrated sales experience; sport sponsorship or entertainment fields preferred.
- Proven sales record with integrated and “conceptual” sales.
- Ability to generate and present ideas/concepts succinctly and provide creative solutions to prospects/clients.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends around sporting events.
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives.
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation skills.
- Must show proof of automobile insurance.
- Must successfully pass background check.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org