AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment companies in the world with a network of over 120 owned, operated and programmed venues on five continents. The AEG Global Partnerships Division was formed atop the company’s organizational structure to guide AEG’s continued development. The Division is focused on sponsorship and naming rights sales, and servicing the myriad of partnerships existing with AEG Facilities, live events, franchises and music properties.
Sprint Center is Kansas City’s home for live entertainment and sporting events. Anchor to more than $6 billion of reinvestment in a revitalized downtown Kansas City, the award-winning venue has welcomed more than 11.4 million guests attending over 1,100 events. Having exceeded attendance and financial projections in each year since opening in 2007, Sprint Center is a unique public/private partnership between AEG and the city of Kansas City, Mo.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & General Manager, Sprint Center and AEG Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships, the Vice President, Corporate Sales & Premium Services is responsible for generating and developing new lines of business for the company. This is a cross-disciplinary, multi-departmental role intended to help the company adapt to new risks and opportunities.
- Identify and solicit new local and regional corporate partners that are not current clients of the organization.
- Provide strategic direction, and take a lead position, on maintaining existing partnerships while developing new partnerships to maximize revenue.
- Develop customized sponsorship programs using inventory controlled by the organization to generate net revenue and meet the needs of the clients.
- Assist Client Service Coordinators and Premium Sales team in the execution of multiple partnership agreements – including Suite Leases and Founders Club memberships.
- Serve as special projects sales person for the Corporate Sales department. This includes selling sponsorships to one-time events and Community Relations programs.
- Identify new ways of generating incremental revenue as well as minimizing expenses for the organization.
- Database management, networking events, revenue seeking presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience selling the assets of a professional sports team including: Radio Commercials, Stadium Signage, Internet Advertising, Retail Promotions, Hospitality, Community Relations/Special Events.
- Logo/Marks Usage experience.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities and developing strategies.
- Exemplary problem solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent sales skills with proven cold calling experience.
- Proven results in closing sales.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and prospects to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours.
- Ability to operate computer and other office productivity machinery constantly throughout the day.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position at least 50 percent of the time.
- 10-25% travel required.
- The individual must possess the above knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and/or demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, or by using some other combination of skills and abilities.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org