Headquartered in Glendora, California, National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 24 national events featuring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Drag Racing Series. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers NHRA Jr. Street for teens and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. In addition, NHRA owns and operates five racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Gainesville Raceway in Florida; National Trail Raceway in Ohio; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
Dynamic, innovative, results-oriented and experienced leader to oversee all aspects of NHRA’s live event revenue streams, including advertising and promotions, ticketing, fan engagement, and on-site management (non-racing), of 24 annual major championship race events for the original extreme sport, plus responsibilities for membership, sportsman event marketing and key communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead teams focusing on advertising and promotions; fan engagement and membership; social media; communications; ticket sales; and sportsman event marketing.
- Create and execute a strategic comprehensive live event on-site marketing plan including entertainment, media and promotions that leverage NHRA’s existing assets including social, digital, editorial, and TV.
- Develop integrated PR campaigns to heighten awareness of the sport, marquee events and TV and other platforms.
- Develop and manage digital marketing initiatives, including social media, geo-targeted web advertising and local web promotions.
- Develop a robust data-driven approach to consumer pricing, trends, purchasing habits and sales.
- Develop tactical marketing plans and creative support for direct-to-consumer offerings including membership, event attendance, premium services and add-ons.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all pre- and post-event information and promotions are communicated to our targeted audiences well in advance, ultimately driving increased profitability for the live events.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all constituencies including sponsors and the racetracks hosting our professional series.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable, self-starting, “hands on” marketing professional with on-point experience marketing live events, preferably in the sports/media/entertainment industry.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, persuasion, and communication skills. Comfortable leading strategic discussions with groups of executives to gain consensus on strategic initiatives and tactics. Able to think “outside the box.”
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and results-focused with strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and ability to adjust to changing priorities. Able to maintain composure under pressure and remain a diplomat. Execution-focused mindset, analytical and balanced approach to problem-solving. Ambassador for the sport.
- Proven ability to impact and drive success in a fast-paced multi-site environment.
- Knowledge of digital media, including web, mobile and direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Ability to both strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Able and excited to travel nationwide to 15-18 weekend events.
- Strong budgeting and financial management abilities.
In return, NHRA offers full time employees a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) Plan that matches a full 100% of employee deferrals up to 4% of salary and a robust paid time off program. E.O.E.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com