Founded in 2007, PCG SportsDesk is a full-service, independent firm focused on partnership sales, innovation and digital strategy to maximize scale, solve business problems and directly grow revenue and outreach for some of the world’s most prominent sports, entertainment and municipal brands.
With offices currently in Chicago and Dallas, PCG SportsDesk represents regional, national and international clients, including professional sports leagues, teams, events, municipalities, entertainment districts, and malls like FELD Entertainment, Hendrick Motorsports, Macerich Malls, Rosemont Baseball, and Village of Rosemont (Allstate Arena, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, MB Financial Park, etc.).
PCG SportsDesk is seeking a new Director, National Corporate Partnerships. This position has a dedicated focus on driving new revenue for our existing and growing client base. This position reports to the President & Founder and will be responsible for ongoing business development to meet and exceed budget and revenue goals.
In addition, the Director, National Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for new business development with a core focus on creating and selling strategic, integrated partnerships including but not limited to official category sponsorships, naming rights opportunities, signage, sampling programs, marketing activations and promotions.
This position is located in the Chicago Office located in River North. The ideal candidate is a competitive, passionate, high-energy self-starter that can hit the ground running with existing authentic relationships with sponsorship decision makers.
- Be a strong cultural fit and be an authentic advancer of our mission and values internally and externally
- Prospecting including calls, meetings and presentations
- A consultative approach is a must
- Day to day communications with property clients and partnership clients
- Maintain transparent and consistent client relationships
- Collaborate closely with media and innovation counterparts to identify new business opportunities
- Cultivate existing partnerships into wider deals that support multiple assets and clients
- Develop and implement effective strategies to attract clients and sponsors
- Maintain our culture of success and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 8- 10 years of experience in a business development role strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of the sports, media and entertainment landscape
- Thorough understanding of sponsorship sales and sponsorship activation
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple team members, multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Consultative, problem solving approach
- Self-starter, willing to try things he/she has not done before
- Positive Attitude
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, and CRM Programs
- Manage competing demands
- Deal with frequent change or unexpected events; able to know when to make decisions and when to change course
- Able to admit mistakes, accept accountability and perform other on-going self-evaluation, etc.
- Synthesize very complex and/or diverse information sets
- Anticipate potential problems or issues and take corrective measures before problems arise
- Sharp and quick on feet in reaction to quickly developing situations
- Able to write, read, negotiate and close complex agreements
- Communication Skills:
- Speak clearly and persuasively; respond well to questions
- Strong presentation skills; write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively
- Able to read, interpret and critically analyze written and quantitative information
- Able to write and deliver presentations using original and innovative techniques
- Possess a strong desire to innovate; able to think creatively
- Develop marketing plans and programs unique to the industry; generate out-of the-box ideas and concepts on behalf of clients
- Able to generate new ways to solve problems, etc.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Personally committed to delivering efficient, successful results in the work place
- Able to set personal goals and tirelessly achieve them
- Thrives under pressure; able to take quick action in order to obtain immediately results
- Revenue Orientation:
- Constantly setting goals and delivering on them to drive revenue higher with innovation and media partners, and through other sales, marketing and business development opportunities
- Service Orientation:
- Constantly setting expectations and tone to anticipate the wishes and requirements of all client segments
- Demonstrate a service mentality
- Team Player:
- Able to thrive in a team-based environment with a goal-oriented high-intensity environment
- This position will work closely with the Innovation and media teams.
- Project Management:
- Able to manage multiple projects, clients, and tasks simultaneously with a consistently high attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines, oftentimes tight deadlines while under pressure
- Maintain composure while under pressure