Founded in 1969, Richard Childress Racing is one of the largest and most storied organizations in NASCAR competition. RCR currently fields three teams in the NASCAR Cup Series and five teams in the NASCAR XFINITY Series.
Throughout our history, RCR has accumulated a total of 17 championships and more than 200 victories across NASCAR’s top three series, including two Daytona 500 wins and three Brickyard 400 victories, two of the sport’s crown jewels of competition. RCR was the first organization in NASCAR history to win championships across all three national touring series.
On our 17-building, 52-acre campus in Welcome, North Carolina, RCR’s 530 team members build race cars from the ground up in a fully-integrated vertical manufacturing operation. With a culture focused on innovation, our engineering team utilizes cutting-edge technologies to continuously improve the performance of our race cars.
Our headquarters is also home to ECR Engines, a subsidiary of RCR that provides high-performance motors to our and other Chevrolet teams in NASCAR’s top three national series. ECR uses advanced technologies for research & development and engine production that has earned it more than 250 victories across multiple national motorsports series and championships in the XFINITY, Camping World Truck and ARCA Racing Series.
RCR’s on-track success could not be possible without the help of our corporate partners. RCR maintains successful relationships with a host of blue-chip brands including Caterpillar, Menards, Dow, General Mills, American Ethanol, Grainger, WIX Filters, AAA, Chevrolet and Bass Pro Shops.
Current Monster Energy Cup drivers include: Austin Dillon (#3 Car), Paul Menard (#27 Car), Ryan Newman (#31 Car), and Ty Dillon (#13 Car).
The Social Media Manager oversees ongoing management and growth of RCR’s social media presence in alignment with business strategies and direction. Ensures the maximum reach and exposure of RCR and its partners via social media channels; supports RCR communications, branding and promotional activities via digital media. Manages and executes against digital and social media strategies and supports the individual teams and partners in those efforts. The position also works closely with RCR’s communications and content team, including the digital manager, and will support in gaining and managing media exposure for partners (both primary and associate), along with assisting in gaining exposure for RCR. Position reports to Director of Marketing and Content Strategy, with a dotted line report to the Vice President, Partnership Marketing & Communications.
- Manages and grows RCR’s presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Responsible for developing timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, photos and videos.
- Listens, responds, asks questions and engages with audience in real time through various social media platforms.
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives; prepares monthly reports to provide updates on efficacy and impact.
- Develops outreach plans and manages relationships with social influencers including industry media, bloggers and industry social media personalities.
- Maintains an ‘outsider perspective’ much like that of a journalist when developing and socializing content.
- Monitors other competitors and best practice companies to keep apprised of developments.
- Stays up to date with social media trends and how they relate to RCR’s and its partners’ business objectives; creates content about social media trends, POVs and updates to be used internally and externally to inform partners and other contacts.
- Maintains a consistent brand voice, message and look/feel across all digital and social channels.
Content & Social Media Production
- Plays social media strategy role to RCR and its corporate partners.
- Identifies trends, establish messaging strategies and gather valuable insights to share internally.
- Creates and manages content calendar for digital and social media.
- Monitors and delivers forward-thinking vision of social media tools and solutions.
- Strategizes and executes social media and digital branding programs from concept to execution in partnership with various internal and external cross-functional business partners.
- Works with Communications team to create new and original content for website.
- Ensures all content on website is up-to-date and correct, including driver headshots, driver appearances, partner logos, etc.
- Assistance with management of relationship with website partner (currently NASCAR Digital Media).
- At-track fill-in (when applicable) for communications managers, which includes fulfillment of on-site media relations, content initiatives, driver(s) weekend schedules and creation of post-race reports.
- Produces driver/team-specific social media content throughout race event weekend.
- Coordinates of driver/team member appearances and endorsements for sponsors (in conjunction with partnership managers).
- If applicable, co-manages Victory Lane (national and local interviews, post-victory press conference management, etc.) in conjunction with the on-site partnership manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of social media experience.
- Experience with social community management, managing advanced social campaigns with third party vendors (and extensive experience using analytics and reporting tools (e.g., Facebook analytics, Google Analytics, etc).
- Experience developing or participated in development of branded social media strategies, editorial and content calendars, community management guidelines and escalation plans for customer care.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience working with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and superior knowledge in social media landscape, trends, networks and toolset.
- A self-starter with strong verbal and exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work and stay connected with various cross-functional teams internal and external.
- Strong creative writing skills combined with eye for grammar.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume work environment and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing environment including web and media.
- Strong team, marketing and customer service orientation.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Video shooting & editing experience a plus.
- Weekend travel required (TBD) based on NASCAR team involvement.