Pocono Raceway (formerly Pocono International Raceway) also known as the Tricky Triangle, is a superspeedway located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania at Long Pond. It is the site of two annual NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races held just weeks apart in June and August, and one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event in August. Since 2013, the track is also host to a Verizon IndyCar Series race.
Pocono is one of a very few NASCAR tracks not owned by either Speedway Motorsports, Inc. or International Speedway Corporation, the dominant track owners in NASCAR. It is run by the Igdalsky siblings Nicholas, sister Ashley, and cousins Joseph IV and Chase Mattioli, all of whom are third-generation members of the family-owned Mattco Inc, started by Joseph II and Rose Mattioli. Mattco also owns South Boston Speedway in South Boston, Virginia.
Outside of the NASCAR races, Pocono is used throughout the year by Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) and motorcycle clubs as well as racing schools. The triangular oval also has three separate infield sections of racetrack – North Course, East Course and South Course. Each of these infield sections use a separate portion of the tri-oval to complete the track. During regular non-race weekends, multiple clubs can use the track by running on different infield sections. Also some of the infield sections can be run in either direction, or multiple infield sections can be put together – such as running the North Course and the South Course and using the tri-oval to connect the two.
This Managing Director, Partnership Sales position is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive internal and external sales, sponsorship and partner relations resulting in increased service, partners, exposure, revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization and adhere to the goals of team management/development, partnership growth and financial accountability.
- Evaluates operational issues to determine how competitive and current the Property is with the latest trends in the industry.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments and products.
- Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
- Develops marketing campaigns for new products and services, including formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan.
- Manages all corporate sales programs in totality and will actively prospect and sell in accordance with the position’s performance goals.
- Develops and executes the strategic plan to market corporate services.
- Responsible for leadership, coaching, cohesiveness, accountability and recruitment of staff.
- Develops an ongoing guest-relations and client service program for corporate partners.
- Develops and implements strategic plans as well as forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales operating budgets.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of department activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Engages in productive communication between the sales department and internal Property departments such as communications, marketing and ticketing.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Assists in planning of any event that highlights corporate services.
- Works with marketing and ticketing on research and development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of school and work experience preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of corporate or high level business to business sales experience.
- Previous CRM and Inventory Management experience (Salesforce, etc.).
- Track record of sales and leadership success.
- Ability to effectively interact with C-Level decision makers.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency, creativity and tenacity.
- Self-motivated with passion for sales and relationship building.
- Quality presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated.
- Leadership & Employee Coaching.