Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, is co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus.
In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of their new Vice President, Global Partnership Retention, based out of Washington, DC. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the retention and growth of MSE’s existing global partnerships, with a specific focus on renewals and renewal strategy.
- Establish game plan for individual account retention including:
- Work with internal business intelligence team and external partners to identify and measure key metrics to ensure partner ROI & ROO
- Ensure key dates of internal activation 365 program are achieved
- Develop rapport and plan of attack with sales and service personnel to create seamless coordination through renewal process
- Present renewal concept to partners in collaboration with other key MSE
- Oversee partnership activation team including:
- Work with internal leaders to ensure successful activation to retain key partners
- Manage timeline and sales process in order to secure upcoming renewals
- Integrate key metrics into activation process to measure and highlight partnership success
- Proactively advance renewal timeline including:
- Review and revise sales cycle to achieve renewal success earlier in the fiscal year
- Develop “Wow” moments for key partners to frame renewals
- Introduce key MSE properties and opportunities to grow overall partnerships during renewal period
- Develop touchpoint renewal communications process to drive communications strategy for renewals including:
- Develop and manage renewal communications schedule
- Develop and maximize hospitality and partner events opportunities
- Establish scorecard to monitor and optimize renewal campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years of sports industry experience
- Prior experience in partnership sales & activation at property level is required
- Measurable success within partnership landscape
- Must be innovative, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Monumental Sports & Entertainment is “at-will” and can be terminated by either the employee or Monumental Sports & Entertainment at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all.