Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, is co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus.
In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of their Director of esports Business & Team Operations, based out of Washington, DC. The primary responsibility of this position is to direct the strategy and business initiatives for MSE’s esports business operations.
- Lead and direct MSE’s esports strategy, planning and execution
- Lead the business operations programming, planning and execution to create visibility, revenue and marketing for MSE’s esports’ properties
- Manage esports properties integration into larger MSE organization
- Partner with existing MSE business operations staff, including marketing, global partnerships and business intelligence
- Manage P/L of MSE business initiatives in esports
- Manage sponsor and community requests and obligations to promote and educate fan base and community
- Scout, evaluate and hire team manager, coaching and player talent
- Supervise team operations matters, coordinating with MSE business operations and team operation as needed
- Advise on events, tournaments, and game schedules and strategies
- Serve as liaison between esports and MSE management
- Serve as primary business contact with team leagues, manage business and league relationships; report and implement on league best practices
- Assist and advise on acquisition of, and ultimately assume business operations responsibility for e-sports teams as acquired
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in working with competitive gaming products and integrating them into a larger brand marketing strategy
- Gaming experience as a player, coach or team manager
- The ability to lead, inspire and educate the next generation of professional gamers
- Capability in dealing with a diverse group of individuals with different backgrounds and languages
- Experience in Marketing/Advertising preferred
- Managerial/Supervisory experience
- Dynamic communication and networking skills
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to develop and nurture strong and diverse community relationships
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Monumental Sports & Entertainment is “at-will” and can be terminated by either the employee or Monumental Sports & Entertainment at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all.