SMG, the world leader in venue management was founded in 1977 with the management of their first facility, the Louisiana Superdome. SMG currently manages convention centers, exhibition halls and trade centers, arenas, stadiums, performing arts centers, theaters, and specific-use venues such as equestrian centers. SMG’s clients benefit from the company’s depth of resources and its unparalleled expertise, leadership, and creative problem-solving. Their successful growth has been built on the many partnerships, relationships, and resources they have developed with clients — both municipal and private. This unique combination of resources, relationships, and expertise has allowed SMG to define and refine the industry throughout its history. SMG’s ownership and team of dedicated corporate support personnel makes them unrivalled in the field of private facility management.
The Senior Vice President, Stadiums & Arenas will report to the Executive Vice President, Stadiums & Arenas Division and will supervise all General Managers and Regional Vice Presidents overseeing all SMG-contracted facilities within the mid-market vertical. This newly-created position will direct and oversee all activities within the assigned area, utilizing established policies and procedures to achieve financial, strategic and service goals and objectives. Has primary responsibility in maintaining effective client contact and providing leadership to operational management in the Stadium & Arenas areas of business.
- Review, approve and monitor all budgets, make recommendations regarding adjustments and changes to them.
- Provide the EVP, Stadiums & Arenas with support in developing and implementing strategic goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement standards of operation throughout the Stadium & Arenas to ensure the highest level of quality service.
- Represent SMG in all aspects of new business development through the Senior Vice President of Sales by giving guidance in identifying new clients, acquisitions, contracts, permits, proposal development, sales presentations and contract negotiation.
- Direct the growth of the Stadiums & Arenas through new business and aggressive Marketing Programs designed to increase revenues.
- Maintain liaison and work closely with SMG’s financial and other staff services.
- Maintain and enhance SMG’s client and prospective relations.
- Incumbent must exercise frequent analytical judgment, independent thinking and ingenuity within broadly defined policies and practices. Extensive travel is required.
- College degree preferably in a related field with exposure to business administration accounting and sales.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management level experience.
- Strong conceptual skills and leadership and organization abilities are necessary.
- Ability to interact and negotiate with senior level management is required.