Our client is seeking a new Chief Revenue Officer for their organization based on the West Coast. The Chief Revenue Officer will be responsible for leading and managing the revenue lines of the organization. These would include, but are not limited to, ticketing (non-premium and premium) and sponsorship.
- Provide leadership to ticketing department, both non-premium and premium, in both sales and service.
- Oversee the successful sale of all team and stadium inventory through sponsorship sales and service, suite sales, Radio/TV broadcasting rights, internet, media and merchandise/retail efforts.
- Work closely with President to plan, develop, organize, implement, lead and evaluate the organization’s long-term strategic direction for all revenue generating departments, which include Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Hospitality Sales and Retail.
- Develop and oversee implementation for business plans for all above noted revenue generating departments in the organization and ensure team synergy from a strategic perspective.
- Develop existing and new national and local account partnerships to further enhance corporate partnership alliances and strengthen relationships to maximize sales results and increase retention rates.
- Provide day-to-day strategic leadership to direct reports and departments.
- Assist in creating corporate culture that motivates staff to perform to their fullest and achieve corporate and personal goals.
- Oversee department budgets to ensure targets are met and proper methods of accountability are established and achieved.
- Analyze and identify ways to increase efficiency, improve levels of service and enhance profitability in all areas of responsibility.
- Conduct regular meetings with all direct reports and other staff to maintain clear communication, performance expectations and team synergy.
- Provide direction, coaching and mentoring to enhance performance and development of staff.
- Recruit, refer, select and development talented staff for areas of responsibility as well as other opportunities within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing sales function, with multiple department responsibility. Sports experience strongly preferred.
- Senior Management experience required.
- Familiarity with a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Passion for sports and entertainment business.
- Proven successful sales experience with national client relationships and alliances.
- Proven strategic leadership skills.
- Proven experience in strategic business planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse customer and employee base.
- Ability to manage staff, budgets and resources in a multiple department structure.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments/organizations over which you have no formal authority.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours.