The Sacramento Kings are an American professional basketball team based in Sacramento, California. The Kings compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA) as a member club of the league’s Western Conference Pacific Division. The Kings are the only team in the major professional North American sports leagues located in Sacramento. The Kings are the oldest franchise in the NBA, and one of the oldest continuously operating professional basketball franchises in the nation.
The team played its home games at the Sleep Train Arena from 1988 to 2016; beginning with the 2016–17 season, the Kings now play home games at the Golden 1 Center. The 17,500-seat arena is the first professional sports venue powered completely by solar energy, will save about a million gallons of water a year compared to a typical venue of its size, was built with recycled material from the mall that stood at the site before construction began and will get 90 percent of its food and beverages from within 150 miles. It became the first indoor venue to receive LEED Platinum certification, the highest level of recognition for environmentally conscious buildings. Among the most unique features are the airplane hangar doors that can be opened to turn the venue into an indoor-outdoor arena.
The Sacramento Kings are seeking a Corporate Sales Director. In this role, this position will create and maintain integrated Corporate Partnerships for the Sacramento Kings and the new Golden 1 Center. These partnerships will be multi-year agreements and focused on the unique objectives and priorities of each individual partner.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
- Prospect new business within assigned categories.
- Build relationships with potential customers in person and over the phone including cold calling, setting discovery meetings and potential partner presentations and proposals.
- Negotiates and finalizes the contractual process.
- Pro-actively provide service to partners and potential partners by identifying, addressing and exceeding expectations while maximizing value and ensuring return on objectives.
Key Competency Areas (KCA’S):
The individual in this position is expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes in the following areas:
- Service Orientation– Committed to providing world-class service to internal and external customers. Dedicated to creating WOW! moments by exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind and establishes effective relations with customers and co-workers. Works collaboratively with others to accomplish objectives. Generates solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Contributes to team synergy by working as a productive member of the team and demonstrating respect, trust and confidence.
- Achieves Excellent Results– Completes tasks at a high level, reflecting quality and attention to detail at every stage – from inception, to planning, to execution. Anticipates problems and opportunities; takes initiative in determining what needs to be done; follows through to completion. Demonstrates the value of innovation through creative problem-solving and innovative thinking. Understands and demonstrates commitment to the principle that WOW! is the Only Standard.
- Business Professionalism– Demonstrates the value of integrity by behaving in accordance with the highest standards of honesty, truthfulness, ethics and fair dealing. Demonstrates the appropriate level of proficiency in the principles and practices of one’s positions and department. Demonstrates the technical and analytical expertise needed to excel in the job. Exhibits strong decision making skills.
- Adaptability and Openness– Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment. Identifies problems, practices good judgment, and confers with appropriate teammates, if necessary, to resolve them. Open to changes and new innovations and works to ensure the success of such changes and innovations. Eagerness to break new ground and pursue continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Sports Management, Marketing, or related area required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of successful partnership sales experience, preferably in the sports or entertainment industry
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to identify potential prospects and overcome objections
- Ability to ask questions to determine the objectives of potential partners
- Ability to connect potential partner objectives with assets/solutions that will meet those objectives
- Demonstrated ability to close deals
- Commitment to teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service orientation
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn the use of ticket computer programs.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org