New England’s largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows. Since its opening in 1995, TD Garden has hosted over 200 events a year. In 2014, owner and operator Delaware North invested over $70 million for a comprehensive arena-wide renovation to upgrade the fan experience including redesigned concourses, new concession offerings and upgraded technology. The award-winning state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with three private restaurants, 90 executive suites, 1,100 club seats, a multi-million dollar high definition video scoreboard and complete 360-degree LED technology.
Delaware North, TD Garden’s parent company, is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Sportservice, Delaware North International and Delaware North Boston, owner of TD Garden. Delaware North is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 60,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
The Vice President, Events, reporting into the Senior Vice President, Business Operations, is responsible for the maximization of TD Garden’s event calendar by booking, negotiating, contracting and scheduling all TD Garden events resulting in first rate, high quality, sports and entertainment providing the highest yield to Delaware North Boston.
- Set strategic plan for event booking and scheduling at TD Garden resulting in calendar maximization and high-yielding events for TD Garden.
- Lead the strategic direction of the events organization, responsible for planning, booking and scheduling of all events at TD Garden providing unique experiences for TD Garden guests.
- Maximize the utilization and profitability for Delaware North’s Boston Holdings by determining the prioritization of events and working closely with the SVP, Business Operations. Key performance metrics for the role include overall number of events and utilization of TD Garden, revenue per seat, profitability of event, event contribution to brand health and sell through of event.
- Collaborate with Event Finance, Ticketing Operation and Arena Operations to oversee the P&L for all concerts, family shows, special events and sporting events producing highest yield for TD Garden.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Ticketing and other departments on events to maximize revenue opportunities and brand awareness for TD Garden.
- Lead bid process for special events in accordance with strategic plan.
- Lead major account relationships including those with NBA, NHL, other professional leagues, NCAA, local collegiate athletic departments, promoters, and the music industry, among others.
- Innovate and maintain best practices in events, booking and ticketing identifying unique trends and making adjustments to department’s strategic plan accordingly.
- Mentor and advise various department heads and stakeholders to promote the sharing of knowledge, experience and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience booking/scheduling in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Familiarity with a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Experience working with artists, managers, promoters and/or leagues.
- Familiarity with a unionized environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, strategic relationships.
- Experience overseeing a P&L with a proven track record of growth and profitability.
- Adept at foreseeing strategic opportunities due to industry changes.
- Ability to create and execute a strategic vision to guide the organization forward.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Accelerate the company’s profitable growth through contributions to business strategy.
- Ability to develop a strategic and comprehensive plan that incorporates complex market issues, multiple perspective and consumer insights.
- Generates long-range plans and programs while delivering short-term business results.
- Proven ability to engage and motivate an operational team, providing direction and guidance where necessary.
- Must model a spirit of creativity, fostering innovation in others to inspire continual improvement.
- Travel between 10-20%.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com