The Tiger Woods Foundation (“TWF”) was established in 1996 as a nonprofit organization with emphasis on providing educational enrichment opportunities to underserved youth. To support our mission, the TWF operates three PGA TOUR golf tournaments annually: the Genesis Open, the Quicken Loans National, and the Hero World Challenge, a PGA TOUR sanctioned golf tournament featuring an exclusive 18-player field held at Albany, Bahamas in early December.
In addition, the TWF produces annual Signature Events including Tiger Jam, an annual spring benefit concert in Las Vegas; and the Tiger Woods Invitational, a three-day golf experience on the Monterey Peninsula.
These events are critical to our mission and collectively, they have raised millions of dollars for the college access programs supported by the Tiger Woods Foundation. For more information, visit www.TigerWoodsFoundation.org.
The Director of the TGR Marketing Center will lead an internal team and agencies providing marketing support to the Tiger Woods Foundation as well as other TGR organizations. Reporting to the TWF Chief Executive Officer, the Director of the TGR Marketing Center will primarily focus on executing a variety of strategic initiatives to further the worldwide exposure of the Foundation’s youth-education programs and fundraising events. In 2017, TWF will provide programming to youth through its TGR Learning Labs, Earl Woods Scholar program, TGR EDU: Explore digital platform, and TGR EDU: Create teacher professional development. For fundraising, TWF’s events organization, TGR LIVE, manages three PGA TOUR events (Genesis Open, Quicken Loans National, and Hero World Challenge) and two signature events (Tiger Jam and Tiger Woods Invitational). Work will also involve other TGR organizations including The Woods Jupiter restaurant and the TGR Design golf course development company. This position is based in Irvine, California.
- In partnership with business unit leads, develop marketing strategy, fueled by marketing insights, category trends and brand considerations, including:
- Brand Messaging
- Advertising and Media strategy
- Online and social strategy
- Event marketing and sales strategy
- Public Relations approach
- Develop briefs for all appropriate creative projects and provide feedback on creative output to ensure it supports brand strategy
- Supervise design, content and production of all printed, online and video marketing materials including online campaigns, brochures, website content, fundraising and sales materials, promotional videos and PSAs, speeches, video messages and press kits
- Collaborate with the event sales and marketing teams to develop unique marketing programs and strategies that help TGR LIVE address hospitality and ticketing goals and develop comprehensive presentations for sales and fundraising efforts
- Keep abreast of industry insights that can be used to develop more powerful communications, brand programming and product evolutions for golf tournaments, signature events, fundraising efforts and educational programming
- Manage direct reports on Marketing team as well as interactions with cross-functional team members on deliverables/expectations for numerous projects
- Mandatory: 5-7 years of brand marketing experience with consumer brands; agency and sports or golf experience a plus
- Bachelors degree (4-year college degree); MBA a plus
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior
- Strong attention to detail. Self-starter. Team player
- Ability to adjust on the fly and thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to travel (25+% of time)
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com