Glory Sports International, the parent company of GLORY KICKBOXING, is dedicated to placing world championship level kickboxing, or martial arts stand-up fighting, on a major platform before a global audience, and to producing match-ups between the top fighters on the planet.
GLORY World Series is where martial arts athletes, highly skilled in a wide array of combat disciplines, including Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, Karate, Kung-Fu, Tae Kwon Do and Capoeira, converge under one set of rules to determine who reigns supreme in the ring.
The world’s premier kickboxing league, GLORY KICKBOXING maintains six different weight classes and utilizes unique single night tournaments, comprised of 4-man
single-elimination events and also year-long grand prix format series that test the physical and mental fortitude of their competitors. The fight series also includes Super Fight Series events consisting of traditional, single bouts featuring superstars and emerging talent.
With live events throughout Europe as well as in the U.S. and Asia; television deals spanning every continent including ESPN in America and UFC Fightpass globally; online live video streaming of all shows; and the world’s largest online kickboxing content library, GLORY KICKBOXING is one of the world’s most widely distributed sporting organizations.
The Partnerships Director for Glory Sports International will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a broad range of sales, to develop new corporate partnership integration. The new hire will engage new and existing strategic partners to drive business value across all platforms. Additionally, he/she will be expected to create and expand corporate relationships at local, regional and national levels; develop creative marketing solutions for partners; and represent the culture of Glory Kickboxing. This position will report directly to the CEO of Glory Sports International.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of all key metric for sports sponsorship sales including traditional television, social media, on site activation.
- Knowledge of sponsor conversion ratios, CPM, and other buzzwords and terms of art needed to communicate with advertising agencies, sponsors and marketing directors for consumer product companies.
- Ability to sell multiple in show elements and network commercial units.
- Identify creative new streams of sponsorship revenue and strategically cultivate relationships to secure deals.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential sponsors.
- Ability to create sponsorship sales materials for our league in conjunction with their Amsterdam sales department.
- Present business updates, new opportunities and industry-driven initiatives to the management team and sales leaders as required.
- Conduct cold calls as a way of securing appointments to sell to new prospects among local and national companies.
- Proven track record of successfully closing multiple sponsorship deals valued at no less than mid-six-figures annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and/or university.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sponsorship sales experience, preferably with sports category.
- Knowledge of MMA and combat space vis-à-vis boxing, MMA, UFC, kickboxing is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to global events.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to lead both strategic and tactical discussions.
- Highly collaborative style; experience in developing and implementing sales strategy.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Talented self-starter with creative mind, strategic thinking capabilities and focus on excellence.