Tampa Bay first welcomed the National Football League in 1976 as the Buccaneers became the league’s 27th franchise. The organization has become one of the most successful and revered franchises both on and off the playing field. In the Tampa region, the Buccaneers maintain a strong presence in a competitive sports and entertainment landscape, playing to an avid fan base and strong corporate support within the community.
Raymond James Stadium, opened in 1998, is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of South Florida Football, Outback Bowl, Monster Jam and many other special events. Members of the NFL Players Association have consistently rated Raymond James Stadium’s field as the best in the league and league insiders refer to the stadium as the “crown jewel” of the NFL. Following the completion of the initial phase of a $140-plus million multi-phase renovation in 2016, Raymond James Stadium now boasts the most technologically advanced HD video system in use today.
In the community, the Glazer Family Foundation, established in 1999, is dedicated to assisting charitable and educational causes in the West Central Florida region. The Foundation aids established not-for-profit organizations that work with youth and families to help identify and create programs that support positive social and economic development within local communities. Through a $5 million donation, GFF helped established the Children’s Museum in Tampa which opened in the spring of 2010.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships. This position will be responsible for leading the development, planning and negotiation of advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the organization. Additionally, the Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for hiring and managing the Corporate Partnership department and will oversee the Marketing Activation team.
- Lead the development, planning and negotiation of advertising, sponsorship opportunities for the organization
- Provide constant development of new sponsor revenue via close management of the Corporate Partnerships Managers
- Manage the search for new prospects, presenting packages, nurturing negotiations and closing proposals
- Utilize networking expertise to identify and develop new clients and prospects
- Responsible for achieving established revenue goals and budgets
- Oversee the development of all sales proposals and presentations to prospective clients
- Oversee the Marketing Activation team to ensure full value of sponsors association with the team is being realized
- Responsible for managing the Corporate Partnership department and directing the work of its employees.
- Responsible for staffing the department and the management of employee performance, including hiring appropriate staff, conducting regular performance reviews and, if necessary, terminating staff in conjunction with human resources.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Natural networking and client development abilities
- Communication, presentation and negotiation skills of the highest order
- Documented and proven track record in revenue generation
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related area
- Minimum of 10 years experience in sales and partnership development including 7+ years with increasing responsibilities and exceptional performance in sales and management
- Extensive experience in attaining corporate relationships with key decision-makers
- Experience using Sales Force or comparable CRM system
The Buccaneers’ organization is a professional, fast paced, creative business environment. Other environment conditions:
- Extended evening, weekend work hours sometimes required. Required to work all home and some away games. May have to work occasional holidays.
- Stressful and demanding work environment in executing work on short deadlines.
- Computer and desk work a significant part of daily activities.
- Sitting, standing, working with hands for extended period s of time.
- Rarely is lifting more than 20 pounds required.
- Job duties require employee to drive company vehicle or drive personal vehicle.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company’s business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes. This document describes the position currently available and is not an employment contract.
The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be “at will,” meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent’s employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon any employee. Any change to this “at will” employment status must be in writing and signed the by the Chief Operating Officer of the Company.