New England’s largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows. Since its opening in 1995, TD Garden has hosted over 200 events a year. In 2014, owner and operator Delaware North invested over $70 million for a comprehensive arena-wide renovation to upgrade the fan experience including redesigned concourses, new concession offerings and upgraded technology. The award-winning state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with three private restaurants, 90 executive suites, 1,100 club seats, a multi-million dollar high definition video scoreboard and complete 360-degree LED technology.
Delaware North, TD Garden’s parent company, is one of the world’s leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Sportservice, Delaware North International and Delaware North Boston, owner of TD Garden. Delaware North is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 60,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
The Director, Ticketing Operations, reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, is responsible for the strategic direction and day to day ticketing operations of the TD Garden Box Office, Premium Club Box Office and Boston Bruins Box Office. S/he is responsible for developing, setting and executing a strategic plan for ticketing operations at TD Garden and Boston Bruins resulting in growth, increased profitability, operational excellence and guest satisfaction. The Director, Ticketing Operations has direct oversight of all box office personnel, budget and functional operation.
- Ensure maximization of revenue and profit through development, setting, and execution of ticketing strategies established with the CRO: Work with event promoters, teams, and appropriate personnel (i.e. CRO, SVP Business Operations, VP, Events, VP Sales and Service) to establish ticket pricing and seating configurations to maximize ticket sales
- Oversee and manage the collection of all ticket revenue and ensure processing of tickets
- Serve as project (ticket) manager for all events, communicating and coordinating with other departments to achieve objectives
- Coordinate the house scale for all events
- Innovative and maintain best practices in the fields of ticketing, related technology platforms and business process engineering (as it relates to Ticketing)
- Collaborate with all departments to develop innovative ways to execute plans and ensure that goals and procedures are accomplished, including Data Solutions for process and work flow
- Investigate industry leading technologies and explore applicability and implementation at TD Garden and Boston Bruins with appropriate departments
- Direct and manage all box office personnel, financial plans and day-to-day operations of TD Garden Box Office, Premium Club Box Office, and Boston Bruins Box Office ensuring operational excellence and efficiency
- Employ progressive leadership and influence box office personnel to embrace and adapt to new strategies, processes, and technology
- Develop, adopt, implement and maintain standards of excellence and best practices in Customer Service for TD Garden, Premium Club, and Boston Bruins Box Office staff
- Actively participate in labor relations processes for ticket sellers and manage to CBA while maximizing efficiencies, enhancing productivity and optimizing service within a management/labor partnership environment
- Direct and oversee the transfer of ticket sales data to Executive Management Team for TD Garden, Premium Club, and the Boston Bruins and participate fully with senior leadership teams to develop and optimize strategic plans for yield management and revenue optimization
- Monitor daily ticket sales for upcoming events and communicate information to internal stakeholders
- Direct communications with all TD Garden and Boston Bruins departments to maximize efficiency, ticket sales and revenue
- Collaborate with the CRO, VP Finance, among others to develop programs, policy and procedure relating to ticket sales, payments and financial reporting
- Direct and oversee financial settlements of all events with VP, Events and Finance department to ensure compliance with contractual obligations while safeguarding company interests
- Create and maintain financial reports and documents in accordance with Delaware North policies and procedures as well as meet requirements of third parties (i.e. NHL, NHLPA)
- Prepare, review, and manage Box Office budget for TD Garden and the Boston Bruins to facilitate the maximization of operational inefficiencies and compliance with budgetary guidelines
- Solicit and negotiate with vendors for supplies and services needed for TD Garden and Bruins Box Office
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Significant ticketing experience in the entertainment industry
- Experience working with artists, managers, promoters and/or leagues
- Familiarity with unionized environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong, strategic relationships
- Experience overseeing a P&L with a proven track record of growth and profitability
- Strategic and dynamic approaches to business
- Ability to create and execute a strategic vision to guide the organization forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve using techniques and data
- Understanding of data, the ability to effectively analyze data and its applicability to success
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial procedures, including record keeping and reconciliation
- Ability to engage staff through creative measures
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of ticket selling/box office operations
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Travel less than 10%
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer.