International Speedway Corporation, (“ISC”) founded in 1953, is a leading promoter of motorsports-themed entertainment activities in the United States. The company owns and/or operates 13 of the nation’s premier motorsports entertainment facilities, which in total, have approximately 900,000 grandstand seats and 500 suites. ISC’s facilities are located in six of the nation’s top 13 media markets and nearly 80 percent of the country’s population is located within the primary trading areas of its facilities. ISC promotes major motorsports events in every month of the racing season — more than any other motorsports promoter. Collectively, the company’s facilities promote well over 100 motorsports events during the racing season.
Americrown, a subsidiary of International Speedway Corporation, was formed in 1989. It is the leader in motorsports catering, concessions and merchandise sales and service. Operating at 12 NASCAR and IndyCar-sanctioned tracks nationwide, Americrown touches millions of race fans annually. Its ever-growing fleet of mobile food concessions, merchandise and catering equipment is unparalleled in the industry.
ISC and Americrown are seeking a Concessions Manager for Kansas Speedway. This position will be responsible for the overall operation of a concession facility, including (but is not limited to) staffing, ordering, scheduling, training, setup, execution, and post-event reconciliation/analysis. In addition, he or she will partner with Directors, Executive Chef, and venue leadership to design and execute high quality presentations and exceed fan expectations while maximizing revenue, minimizing expenses, and improving the concessions experience.
- Strong supervisory, leadership, and communication skills
- Supervise up to 2000 employees and volunteers
- Direct reports may include up to 5 full-time employees
- Set and manage budgets up to $5MM per event
- Recruit and train hourly staff, supervisors, and non-profit volunteer groups
- Analyze and optimize concessions operation for throughput
- Understand how to open and close inventory based sales
- Set goals and map the path to achieving those goals
- Manage payroll to keep labor below budgeted amount for all events
- Assess inventory needs and place orders with all suppliers
- Manage waste and arrange to receive credits where applicable with suppliers
- Maintain equipment in good working order
- Ability to drive consistency & strategic and innovative initiatives
- Partner with health department, fire marshal, and other regulatory commissions
- Compliance with standardized inventory control procedures
- Ensure proper planning and execution for concessions events
- Create and enforce best practices throughout operation
- Work with corporate director of concessions on large scale projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Respond to guest feedback in a timely manner
- Be willing to help other departments with their needs
- SOME TRAVEL to support facilities outside of primary location
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ management experience in a high-volume concessions environment, large resort property, or high-volume convention center and strong working knowledge of food production operations
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Must have excellent leadership, time management, and customer service skills
- Motivate employees and lead large groups with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate excellent skills in verbal and written communication
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com