At Experience, we exist to ensure that fans have an incredible time at live events. Our fan engagement platform is in use at over 300+ sports and music live event partners around the world and allows fans to personalize their live event experience from their mobile device.
As the business grew and we started working with more sports and entertainment organizations, we signed strategic partnerships with the pillars in live entertainment, like the NFL, Ticketmaster and Live Nation, MLBAM and tickets.com, FELD Entertainment, Spectra, and Veritix. We reimagined how fans could attend events through subscription access and simplified last-minute ticket purchases. We’ve developed the only season ticket technology that adapts to your fan’s life.
Our momentum continued as we were acquired by Cox Enterprises in 2014, giving us the stability and financial security to focus all of our energy on building technology for the future of live event personalization.
Experience is seeking a Director of Sponsorship Sales that will be responsible for generating new business opportunities with sponsors at new and existing Experience partners who are looking to engage with consumers in a more meaningful way. He or She will be the key business leader driving this effort while working closely with, the Marketing, Operations, and Product teams. This is a new role and will require a dynamic individual who has the ability to interface with senior executives at partners and sponsors, think creatively about application of our technology, and close business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively identify and close new Sponsorship/Partnership opportunities with new and existing Experience partners to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Use cold calls, social selling, and professional networking to generate new prospects with local and national brands.
- Be a compelling Experience “Evangelist” with a clear understanding of how partners can use our mobile platform to generate more fan impact than traditional sponsorship experience.
- Work hard to develop strong Client relationships and industry connections that enable you to more easily identify new business opportunities.
- Seek out ways to improve and build upon existing sponsorship programs with partners to create true “win-win-win” for Partners, Sponsors, and Experience.
- Develop sound recommendations and strategies to product and marketing teams for making Experience offering more compelling to sponsors.
- Deliver compelling presentations with passion and enthusiasm that will motivate and inspire internal teams and prospective Clients.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience specific to selling Sponsorships at an Entertainment/Sports Marketing Agency, League (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) or brand (e.g. AMEX, Coke, Citi).
- National portfolio and relationships that can be leveraged to start conversations and close deals across the country.
- Ability to think creatively and help grow and evolve the overall sponsorship strategy.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills are paramount.
- You have to be able to “own the room” when it comes time to deliver the presentation.
- Must be an authentic, active listening, problem solving sales executive with high level of emotional intelligence.