Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is one of the world’s leading ownership, entertainment and management groups. As owners and operators of Pepsi Center, the Paramount Theatre, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and Colorado Rapids (MLS), KSE’s sports and entertainment assets are second to none. Additional properties under KSE’s umbrella include Altitude Sports & Entertainment, a 24-hour regional television network; Altitude Authentics, the company’s official retail provider; and Altitude Tickets, the official ticketing provider for KSE teams and venues.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Vice President, Box Office Operations. This role will be responsible for all aspects of ticket sales and box office management at all Kroenke Sports & Entertainment venues located in Denver, Colorado including Pepsi Center, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, 1stBank Center and Paramount Theatre (the “KSE Venues”).
- Sets up a new box office reporting structure and operations structure for directors, managers and coordinators.
- Oversight of all KSE sports team ticket operations including the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids and Colorado Mammoth.
- Oversight of all other ticketed events taking place at KSE Venues including, but not limited to, concerts, family shows, religious events, college sports, etc.
- Work with Vice Presidents of Ticket Sales and Service for each team along with the Executive Director of Venue Booking about collaborating with new technology and working together to create the best box office experience at KSE Venues.
- Directs, trains and schedules all box office staff and will call staff.
- Works closely with KSE operations staff and contractors regarding ticket sales, seating changes, and reporting for all events.
- Acts as the liaison between promoting entities, ticket service providers and KSE operations staff, ensuring that accurate information is disseminated and events go on sale as intended at KSE Venues.
- Oversees the development of all KSE ticketed events via Altitude Tickets ticketing system and the administration of all reports, orders, offers, pricing, coding, holds, seat kills, processing of internal/VIP ticket requests, house ticket requests, sports team requests, promoter ticket requests, band ticket requests, etc.
- Coordinates with the premium services department to ensure that suites and other premium area requirements are fulfilled for each event.
- Provides settlement and close out documentation (including event sales audit, complimentary ticket recap report, receivables report, and scanned ticket count) to the KSE accounting department at the conclusion of every event.
- Completes any sports league mandated reports as required by KSE accounting.
- Review and perform balancing, depositing and reporting of daily ticket office receipts, as required.
- Event management duties (oversight of approximately 300-350 annual ticketed events a year at KSE Venues)
- Supervises the daily activities of the part-time ticket sellers during events.
- Supervises, trains and schedules all event ticket sales and will call staff.
- Prepares ticket window stations prior to box office opening for events to include logging into computers, providing adequate change fo
r cash drawers, making changes to signage, etc.
- Supervises the reconciliation of window sales receipts.
- Prepares ticket window expense reports and attendance drop counts at the conclusion of each event.
- Prints and files will call orders for each event.
- Balance, deposit and report all daily box office receipts.
- Represent the department at meetings as determined by the SVP, Venues.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in computerized box office management.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of computerized ticket sales and box office operations (Veritix experience preferred).
- Significant compatible ticket office operations experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to successfully communicate with the public, employees and vendors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and coordinating multi-faceted event plans and problem solving issues.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and detail oriented with strong numeric skills.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General office equipment to include computer/keyboard, calculator, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ticket printer.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Standing and walking up to 1/3 of time.
- Sitting and talking/hearing up to 2/3 of time.
- Use of hands more than 2/3 of time.
- Reach w/hands and arms more than 2/3 of time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds up to 1/3 of time.
- Clear vision at 20” or less.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Moderate noise to loud noise.