The Detroit Lions are a professional American football team based in Detroit. The Lions compete in the National Football League as a member club of the league’s National Football Conference North division.
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit’s premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted majo
r events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four.
The Director of Ticket Systems & Box Office Operations is responsible for the management and operation of the Detroit Lions Ticket Office. The Director of Ticket Systems
& Box Office Operations will play a support role to the Vice President of Ticketing and Suite Sales by managing a dedicated ticket operations staff, and will have a significant role in helping achieve organizational process, ticket technology innovation and overall sales and revenue objectives. This role will be integral in creating synergies within multiple business functions including sales, service, analytics, database management, finance, IT and operations.
- Display a consistent focus on daily process, efficiency advancements as well as the future of ticket operations.
- Strong technological skills and a desire to learn and implement new technologies that will keep the organization ahead of the curve within the industry
- Direct and train a qualified ticket operations staff with the goal of supporting all ticket sales efforts
- Mentor ticket operations staff so that activity contributes to collective department goals
- Work closely with ticket sales and service staff members to provide the highest level of customer service for all season ticket holders; contribute and effectively manage inventory to align with industry sales cycles; liaison to virtual seat viewer vendor and membership relocation process
- Ensure the security of the box office is maintained at all times; assume responsibility for all monies collected and provide appropriate personnel with detailed daily reports and ensure safety of monies at the end of each day
- Development of staff members in order to produce a positive working environment and a productive work flow.
- Responsible for ticketing all ticketed non-Lions events at Ford Field (concerts, Monster Jam, Supercross, etc.)
- Upload, build and administer all events on the ticketing system; ensure the ticketing system records are maintained and accurate.
- Act as primary liaison with AXS/Veritix
- Act as primary liaison for NFL Ticket Exchange
- Lead administrator for Veritix/Flash Seats/Back Office ticketing system and other potential 3rd party vendors
- Coordinate ticket printing efforts for organization and directly communicate status, needs, etc. with all necessary departments
- Work with accounting department to prepare and verify accuracy of game statements and general financial reconciliation
- Administer efficient, accurate, and timely reporting mechanisms related to sales activity
- Maintain accurate records in support of sales and service efforts as defined by the organization
- Develop and manage department budget goals for operating expenses in a fiduciary manor
- Manage ticket inventory and communicate availability to sales staff members on a regular basis
- Lead contact with the NFL league office regarding all topics specific to ticket operations and reporting
- Develop synergies within multiple business units; manage and execute box office union agreement
- Oversee & implement strategic planning initiatives based business analytics & ticket technology trends within the NFL & professional sports
- Responsible for managing all Detroit Lions ticket inventory including on-site, and off-site events
- Minimum of 5 years of ticket operations and/or box office management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Sports Management or related field, or relevant working experience of a minimum of 7 years
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Working knowledge of AXS/Veritix Back Office operations platform highly preferred
- Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn new software programs; MS Access or database software experience
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with various ticketing platforms for a minimum of 7 years
- Proficiently and experience with writing HTML code, Adobe Photoshop and advanced functions within MS Excel
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organization, and customer service skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the public in a professional manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Expertise on the AXS/Veritix Ticketing System and working knowledge of Microsoft CRM
- Excellent personal motivation with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, possess excellent group presentation skills, willingness to actively participate in meetings
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness and creativity
- Ability to assess the needs to potential clients and develop recommendations
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, understanding of industry challenges and opportunities and ability to make effective business decisions
- Experience with a professional sports or entertainment venue preferred
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at www.prodigysports.net. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com