The Miami Heat are seeking a new Premium Sales Account Manager. This position will be responsible for finding new prospects and closing premium ticket sales. This position is focused on making outbound sales calls, setting new business meetings, and using LinkedIN sales navigator to sell premium seats to local businesses and individuals. The Premium Sales Account Manager will focus on selling courtside seats, Flagship seats, Junior Flagship Seats, Dewar’s Rail, Suites, and Loges. Additionally, the premium sales account manager will also be relied on to assist in the selling of Season Tickets, partial plans, and our new hospitality areas which include the Xfinity East Plaza neighborhoods, Cabana, and events in 601.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospect new sales opportunities through the sale of courtside seats, Flagship Seats, Junior Flagship seats, Dewar’s Rail, Suites, and Loges.
- Prospect new sales opportunities for new season ticket members, partial plans, Xfinity East Plaza neighborhoods, Cabana, and events in 601.
- Prospect new sales opportunities for Tickets for Kids program and HEAT Gala.
- Ability to close business in face to face meetings with C-Level executives
- Improve outbound effort on a daily basis through outbound phone calls, social selling, and referrals.
- Set a minimum of 8 new business meetings each week.
- Meet sales goals (Premium, Seasons, Partial Plans, and HEAT Special Events) provided by the Director of Ticket Sales.
- Host and work various events throughout the year
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Ticket Sales
- Generates new sales by setting at least 8 outside appointments a week.
- Generates new sales through the use of LinkedIn and Sales Navigator.
- Must be eager and willing to work with other team members on our staff.
- Maintain Smartsell database for communicating with prospects
- Build loyalty and develop strong relationships with new and current customers.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Attend NBA, and AmericanAirlines Arena events as scheduled.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of sustained success selling premium tickets in a business setting and/or professional sports setting.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CRM and/or ticket system experience preferred as well as experience with LinkedIN Sales Navigator.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, full understanding of the sales process, great grammar, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to elevate the experience for all fans.
- Must have a desire to research industries in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale market.
- Must be able to generate results and record daily activities in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but is not required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, create mini business plans, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.