The Tiger Woods Foundation (“TWF”) was established in 1996 as a nonprofit organization with emphasis on providing educational enrichment opportunities to underserved youth. To support our mission, the TWF operates three PGA TOUR golf tournaments annually: the Genesis Open (sponsored by Hyundai), the Quicken Loans National, and the Hero World Challenge, a PGA TOUR sanctioned golf tournament featuring an exclusive 18-player field held at Albany, Bahamas in early December.
In addition, the TWF produces annual Signature Events including Tiger Jam, an annual spring benefit concert in Las Vegas; and the Tiger Woods Invitational, a three-day golf experience on the Monterey Peninsula.
These events are critical to our mission and collectively, they have raised millions of dollars for the college access programs supported by the Tiger Woods Foundation. For more information, visit www.TigerWoodsFoundation.org.
The Tiger Woods Foundation is seeking an experienced General Manager. With both a new title sponsor and host management organization, the Genesis Open (sponsored by Hyundai) is poised for growth and requires a strong local leader to make that happen. The General Manager will be the main representative and interface between the TWF, the tournament and key constituencies in the Los Angeles area. In this role, the GM will have responsibility for working with internal TWF stakeholders in growing the tournament through strong community relationships and developing innovative concepts that add value.
- Oversight, management and leadership of the on-site tournament office team
- Collaborate on tournament planning with TWF management, events, sales and marketing departments
- Work with sales team to grow revenue through new business opportunities
- Grow existing sponsor relationships
- Develop a strong relationship with Riviera Country Club management and act as liaison for TWF teams to interact with key RCC staff
- Support TWF tournament departments with title sponsor activation efforts
- Expand the tournament’s reach and audience segments in the Los Angeles area by developing and executing new programs
- Cultivate relationships with nearby municipalities, key community officials and civic leaders to advance the tournament and expand TWF’s presence in the community
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans to achieve tournament objectives
- Assist TWF management with budget forecasting and P&L management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Business development and revenue generating skills
- Knowledge of and relationships within the Los Angeles market a must
- Knowledge of tournament golf a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a team player
- Interpersonal skills that are conducive to working smoothly with all facets of the tournament such as sponsors, volunteers, vendors, staff, and the community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Annual Salary commensurate on experience; eligible to receive a bonus
- The Foundation offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) plans.
Qualified candidates should apply online at prodigysports.net/job-board. No phone calls please.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com