The Dallas Wings are a professional basketball team based in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, playing in the Western Conference in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Relocated from Tulsa following the 2015 season, the team will play its home games in College Park Center, a state-of-the-art basketball facility on the campus of UT-Arlington. The team is owned by Full Court Partners LLC.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead all Marketing related functions in the creation of comprehensive digital, social, promotional and branding campaigns designed to engage fans and drive sales across ticketing, premium, and sponsorship. This position will report to the President and serve as an integral member of the senior management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and support to all departments to deliver value and integrate a consistent marketing message through all external forms of communication including web site, game operations, new and traditional media, ticket holder and sponsor communication, graphics, press releases, etc.
• Create and implement marketing campaigns to help drive demand for ticketing products including single game tickets, season tickets, and premium.
• Oversee all interactive marketing including website, direct marketing, social, database management, research and analytics. He/she will develop a comprehensive interactive marketing strategy to assist the organization’s revenue generation efforts in ticket sales and corporate partnerships.
• Manage the customer database including data acquisition strategy and implementation, data hygiene, segmentation and targeting
• Ensure ROI and revenue tracking of across all direct marketing channels
• Manage and coordinate efforts of PR team and external PR firm to maximize sales, promotional, and branding opportunities as well as manage trade inventory.
• Seek incremental media exposure by coordinating with the Director of PR to drive awareness of upcoming games/events. This includes media drops, product placement, premium items, etc.
• Manage event-marketing efforts to ensure maximize brand exposure and increased revenue including: WNBA playoffs, ticket sales events, exhibition games, community events, state fair, camps, etc.
• Provide strategic oversight to the Creative Services team and guidance on prioritization of projects; develop a tracking mechanism to provide visibility to internal constituents.
• Work to incorporate WNBA league marketing/advertising initiatives and best practices on a local level to maximize attendance.
• Partner with the Director of Marketing to serve as day to day brand managers for the organization. Includes stewardship of brand guidelines within marketing departments as well as counseling other departments on branding questions.
• Experience working within the executive level of an organization and/or working with top level management
• Experience setting and managing budgets
• Ability to engage in short-term and long-term forecasting and manage the impact on the department budget
• Experience aligning staff members with business goals and objectives
• Ability to oversee the hiring, performance management, succession planning and termination processes
• Significant experience presenting and communicating to staff, fans, clients, customers etc.
• Team player who looks to maximize performance through high level collaboration throughout the organization.
• Ability to work flexible hours including regular office hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
• 10+ years working in Marketing/Advertising field. Professional sports industry experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required. Advanced education is preferred.
• Dynamic communication and networking skills
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to develop and nurture strong and diverse community relationships
• Basketball experience or knowledge preferred