After building reputations as tremendous sports executives during a variety of high profile sports events and properties such as the 1984 Summer Olympics, the 1994 FIFA World Cup, 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup, and Major League Soccer, Alan Rothenberg and Randy Bernstein saw a critical gap in the marketplace for executive-level sales representation for sports and entertainment properties. Together, they decided to found Premier in 2003 and have nurtured the company into an industry leader.
Over the course of Alan and Randy’s tremendous sports careers, they have accomplished the following:
- Founding a major professional sports league
- Owning and managing teams
- Negotiating professional team and facility’s sales and purchases
- Developing and selling billions of dollars in Naming Rights and corporate partnerships
- Negotiating local, national and international broadcast and sponsorship contracts
- Creating the largest sports media website in history
- Advising numerous sports organizations and Fortune 500 companies on sports business strategy and revenue generation
- Negotiating licensing rights for Fortune 500 companies
- Managing the largest and most prestigious sports and entertainment events in the world
These unique experiences have allowed Premier Partnerships to develop an understanding of the critical issues and revenue drivers for major sports, entertainment and prestige properties, including teams and events. Premier’s experienced team of marketing and sales professionals enables clients to receive innovative and leading solutions that deliver results.
This position will report to the Vice President, Corporate Partnerships and will be responsible for partnership strategy, business development and management of key relationships to ensure and bring value and profitability to Premier Partnerships. This role will also present business updates, new opportunities and industry-driven initiatives to the management team and sales leaders as required. The candidate will also be expected to share revenue/profit building ideas and opportunities with other corporate teams and sales leaders as required.
The candidate we select into this role will have a proven track record in building successful partnerships and will have an established reputation and a history of success, gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies, and is now looking to further enhance their reputation with one of the leading sports sales organizations.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year accredited institution)
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 years of sponsorship sales experience within the sports and/or Entertainment Industry
- Renowned solution selling pedigree.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple Premier Partnerships business units to accomplish the goals of the company