Fanatics is an online retailer of licensed sports apparel and merchandise, formed in 1995 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Fanatics offers product via its Fanatics and FansEdge brands, as well as sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic and SportsMemorabilia.com. Fanatics, Inc. also currently powers the e-commerce sites of all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, UFC), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and over 150 collegiate and professional team properties.
The General Manager of the NBA Store is responsible for the overall management, profitability, promotion and operation of the NBA store and any events taking place in that location. This position will manage all financial, business and operation aspects of the Store and must meet the financial and strategic goals set forth annually. Areas of responsibility include sales, security, event services, building operations and maintenance, budget and staff /talent management as well as coordination and oversight of third party relationships related to staffing, booking events and maintenance,. A successful General Manager will be able to balance challenging operational standards, evaluation and improvements of existing policies and procedures and staff accountability, with the appropriate management style. Oversight and assurance that the operations of the store is conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations as well as Fanatics and NBA brand guidelines and other league regulations is also required in this role.
- Develop a flagship store environment that enhances and supports the Fanatics and NBA brand as well as creating a first class omni channel shopping experience.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Manage a full-time staff, including hiring, training and professional development of existing and incoming staff members. Ensure that all staff are trained and proficient in all omni channel opportunities to maximize sales and support the Fanatics and NBA brand.
- Develop and maintain a flagship store training manual that embodies the Fanatics and NBA brands.
- Develop and maintain customer and client relationships.
- Work with entire staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost and productivity improvements, with an eye towards growth, strategy and profitability.
- Lead the push toward selling through coaching, follow-up and recognition.
- Ensure consistent execution of merchandise presentation, sales and event set-up, sizing, pricing and signing standards.
- Work with the NBA A/V content contact to ensure that all video/content are timely and current.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among all staff member
- Provide leadership in delivery of all Company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team
- Establish high-level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure implementation of all policies and procedures
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis
- Actively fill open positions, prioritizing internal Associates in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas
- Hold Assistant/Sales Managers accountable for conducting weekly meetings with Sales Associates.
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all incidents of theft, merchandise recovery and incident investigation, audits and other activities as assigned.
- Prepare prompt and complete reports as required by corporate and the NBA.
- Will be required to make special arrangements and implement special procedures in order to facilitate VIP visitors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years High end retail experience, preferably flag ship store/high profile retail.
- Must possess superior communication and problem-solving skills, collaborative with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- A strong results-oriented leader who exacts the most from direct reports as well as indirect reports by setting clear goals, providing feedback, mentoring and coaching.
- Highest level of integrity and ethics, both professional and personal.
- Must have experience managing a diverse staff of both full-time and part-time and seasonal employees.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including income statements, balance sheets and GL accounting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and retail point of sales systems
- Must be able to work long hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. comfortably.