The PGA Tour organizes the main professional golf tours played in the United States and North America. It organizes most of the events on the flagship annual series of tournaments also known as the PGA Tour, as well as the Champions Tour and the Web.com Tour , as well as PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour Latino américa, and PGA Tour China. It is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, a suburb of Jacksonville.
The PGA Tour was originally established by the Professional Golfers’ Association of America and spun off in December 1968 into a separate organization for tour players, as opposed to club professionals, the focal members of today’s PGA of America. Originally the “Tournament Players Division,” it adopted the name “PGA Tour” in 1975 and runs most of the week-to-week professional golf events on the tournament known as the PGA Tour, including The Players Championship, hosted at TPC Sawgrass, the FedEx Cup, and the biennial Presidents Cup.
The PGA Tour is actively seeking a Vice President, Media Sales to join the organization. This position is focused on delivering the PGA TOUR’s digital media revenue goals. The VP Media Sales will manage a geographically dispersed national media sales team, set the goals and strategy for digital media, and lead the overall implementation and execution of that strategy. Digital is viewed as a key source of future revenue growth and strategic value for the PGA TOUR, and the person in this role will play a key role in delivering that vision.
The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list.
- Lead the Media Sales Team and play a leadership role within the broader Media and Digital organizations. Assist sellers in key sales presentations and contract negotiations. Contribute to the overall success of the Media and Digital groups.
- Develop and implement the overall go to market strategy for media sales. This includes collaborating with Digital Operations and Sales Operations to develop the right products, making all product pricing decisions, and determining the best approach for coordinating efforts with other outward selling departments within the TOUR.
- Deliver the annual media sales revenue goals. This includes forecasting, tracking, and reporting revenue for the TOUR Executive Committee.
- Build strong working relationships with other internal departments at the TOUR, including Sales Operations, Digital Operations, Finance, Legal, and PGA TOUR Entertainment, and serve as an escalation point for the team to obtain approvals or resolve issues related to media sales.
- As needed, develop strategies and/or generate revenue for PGA TOUR new media ventures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, advertising, marketing, or related field
- MBA a plus but not a required
- 10+ years of experience in either sales or sales related fields with significant digital experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a sales organization and manage others
- Golf knowledge/background a plus but not a requirement