SeatGeek is the best way to buy sports, concert, and theater tickets. The company offers the greatest breadth of tickets by aggregating hundreds of brokers and ticket markets into an elegant interface.
Launched in 2009, the company experienced steady growth until 2014 when things really began to heat up. SeatGeek’s mobile app became the go-to for fans looking to book entertainment on their phones. Sales tripled year over year. While incumbent players have yet to “figure out mobile”, SeatGeek’s app is already converting better than desktop. SeatGeek now moves around $20 MM of tickets / month most of which is happening on mobile. The mobile growth caught the eye of Accel and other blue-chip investors. Now, SeatGeek is sitting on a large balance sheet ($100 MM raised to date). SeatGeek was actively seeking a Executive Vice President, Client Partnerships who could help build connections with sports teams and primary ticketing companies.
- Liaison with sports executives
- Spearhead business development initiatives that allow deeper SeatGeek to forge deeper inroads with sports teams.
- Lead development and implementation of sales strategy, including identification and targeting of new client opportunities.
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline of prospective clients and key industry partners.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required.
- Heavy travel required.
- BA or BS required; MBA or other advanced degree highly desired.
- 10+ years in the sports and entertainment industry, with a vast understanding and working knowledge of the ticketing functionality, including ticket providers.
- A solid understanding of Company’s market: products, players and technologies.
- Experience marketing or selling products or services in a start-up or early stage environment.
- Must be deeply connected in the sport and entertainment industry with proven record of building strong C-Level relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills.