The PGA Tour organizes the main professional golf tours played in the United States and North America. It organizes most of the events on the flagship annual series of tournaments also known as the PGA Tour, as well as the Champions Tour and the Web.com Tour , as well as PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour Latino américa, and PGA Tour China. It is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, a suburb of Jacksonville.
The PGA Tour was originally established by the Professional Golfers’ Association of America and spun off in December 1968 into a separate organization for tour players, as opposed to club professionals, the focal members of today’s PGA of America. Originally the “Tournament Players Division,” it adopted the name “PGA Tour” in 1975 and runs most of the week-to-week professional golf events on the tournament known as the PGA Tour, including The Players Championship, hosted at TPC Sawgrass, the FedEx Cup, and the biennial Presidents Cup.
The PGA TOUR is actively seeking a Digital Sales Director for their Northeast location to focus on increasing sales in the greater New York City area. This position is responsible for working with clients to develop PGA TOUR media campaigns.
- Create sales opportunities to support all PGA TOUR Media properties. These include PGA TOUR Digital, PGA TOUR Entertainment, PGA TOUR Radio on Sirius XM, PGA TOUR Database
- Coordinate with PGA TOUR Entertainment and PGA TOUR Digital Sales Operations staff to ensure the most efficient sales process and delivery of client accounts
- Assist TOUR Business Development sales efforts with outside clients
- Interact with all client stakeholders (clients, agencies, Corporate Marketing partner teams) and ensure consistent, accurate and timely communication and information sharing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related field is required.
- 5+ years of sales experience and understanding of sales processes required.
- Demonstration of ownership and delivery of an annual revenue target.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skill a must.
- Golf interest a plus, but not required