The San Francisco 49ers are known for having one of the NFL’s greatest dynasties, winning five Super Bowl championships in just 14 years, between 1981 and 1994, with four of those championships in the 1980s. Recently the team relocated to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, after playing at Candlestick Park in San Francisco from 1971 to 2013. Levi’s Stadium and the 49ers recently were in search of a Financial Reporting Manager that would be responsible for all aspects of internal and external financial reporting, including budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis for the team and venue.
- Manage the monthly and annual financial reporting process.
- Coordinate the annual budget development and review process.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reporting package for senior management and department heads.
- Assist with the monthly and annual closing process and maintenance of general ledger.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors and assist with year-round league reporting responsibilities.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and assist with the cash management function.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and complete special projects as assigned by Finance Director.
- Willingness to work extended hours and operate in a high-pressure environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four year university.
- Five years accounting experience with monthly and annual financial reporting experience required.
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
- Professional sports team accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting systems – experience with MS Dynamics/Great Plains and FRx software strongly preferred.
- Motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).