Delaware North Companies Boston is home to the TD Garden and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League. The TD Garden has long been one of the must-play sporting and entertainment venues in the world. Anchor tenants include the Boston Bruins and the NBA Boston Celtics, some of the most successful franchises in their respective leagues. That notwithstanding, Delaware North Companies Boston has built a championship squad off the ice, court and field, as well, that’s dedicated to delivering first-rate sporting and entertainment experiences. Pair that with the commitment of the Jacobs family, which has owned the arena and the Boston Bruins since 1975, and all signs point to victory.
The Boston Bruins, the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions, are one of the original six teams of the National Hockey League, and is known equally well for an unrelenting style of play that has led it to six overall Stanley Cup championships. Over the 30-plus years that Delaware North Companies Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jeremy Jacobs has owned the legendary team, it has showcased some of the best talent the sport of hockey has ever seen. Fifty-two Bruins have been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategically lead the shared marketing resources of the Boston Bruins and TD Garden, with a focus on cross-organizational collaboration, goal-oriented campaign development and management, superior creative execution, forward-thinking digital development and data-driven decision making.
- Oversee the development and maximization of all TD Garden and Boston Bruins (Bruins DEN) digital channels, including but not limited to web (BostonBruins.com, TDGarden.com), mobile (Boston Bruins and TD Garden apps), micro-site (Bruins STH and Premium Club client portals), marketing automation platform (Adobe), and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.) with a focus on data acquisition, fan engagement, implementing best practices and optimizing user experiences.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish program objectives, develop integrated digital strategies, and provide seamless execution of campaigns and projects to achieve revenue objectives, brand goals, awareness, database growth and social engagement. Collaborate with Communications departments and brand managers on content strategy to achieve messaging and engagement goals.
- Oversee the creative design resources of the organization and foster an environment that promotes the development of leading and effective creative with efficient workflows and accountability.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications counterparts to translate the brand identities in the digital space, create a consistent and engaging voice, and provide responsive digital execution.
- Work collaboratively with eBusiness/Business Intelligence division to develop the digital customer roadmap, partner in the creation of intelligent business solutions, and effectively manage and optimize channels through analytics, data insights and predictive modeling capabilities.
- Define key metrics to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives; develop reporting process to communicate program and strategy progress to the organization.
- Be a thought leader and early adopter/investigator of new technology and social advancements, with a constant goal of enhancing the fan experience and supporting business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- Minimum 8 years strategy experience: Working in a team or agency environment to create and direct digital strategies that drive development of digital experiences and integrated campaign effectiveness with a focus on analytics and value of data.
- Strong strategic thinker: Ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, and day-to-day directing of projects through completion. Proven experience creating strategies that are executable through creative expression.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills: Ability to manage, mentor and inspire the people reporting to them and create a supportive work environment leading to professional growth.
- Expert digital marketing experience: high level of understanding in development of personas, execution of content strategy, user experience, analytics, social, SEM, mobile, and CRM. Passion for emerging media and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to leverage performance data to both identify optimize current business and identify new opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong creativity skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration experience with the ability to be a consensus builder.